Looking for friends

Options
mom2kpr
mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
I have been on MFP for about 3 months & have not taken the time to look for friends (I have a few personal friends on here). Not because I don't like having friends, I just didn't really understand the reason for randomly picking friends I don't know. Just now I read a post from someone wondering the same thing I was - what's the point? And all the responses made perfect sense. Honestly I don't know why I didn't think of it before. So here goes - I am looking for friends with similar goals, interests & life as mine. You don't have to be a carbon copy of me - lol - cuz that would be boring.
I am 42 yrs old, married 14.5 yrs, mother of 11 yr old girl & 8 12 yr old boy. I am 5'1", 210 lbs & have a goal weight of 130ish. I had lost a little over 20lbs, but have gained back about 8 lbs in the last 3 weeks. I am now determined to get back on schedule. I like biking, elliptical machine, wii exercises (wii fit, cardio boxing), kickboxing, trying to start running - but it's going slow. I also like reading, watching tv, & camping.
Thanks & hope to meet some awesome new friends on this journey!

Replies

• Midlifegoals
    Midlifegoals Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, mom of 10-year-old twins with a GW of around 150. Live in Houston. New to MFP, looking for balance in food, exercise, self-care and all the other demands of life! My struggle is to stay motivated and really change my lifestyle over the long haul. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm Jess 37, have 4 kids ages 19, 10, 9 and 5. Have struggled with weightloss for a very long time, tried every diet known to man and have yo yoed for so long. Lost 30 lbs after my last baby but then gained it back after i had to stop running because of a back injury. I finally lost the 30 lbs but want to lose more but seem stuck. I started insanity 13 days ago and eating a totally different way. I did things so different this time and its going great. I love motivating people and supporting them as well because god knows i've been there so many times. I like sharing what works for me, what my struggles are, what my accomplishments are and just having people to either bounce ideas off of, healthy recipes, or just chat about struggles. It helps to have people to talk to.

I do not have a goal weight as my scale lies to me. i find more information in my measurements. My biggest goal is to feel fit and feel healthy. No scale can tell me what i feel, it actually only hinders me. I gained 3 lbs with starting insanity but lost 4.5 inches so i hid my scale. :laugh: I had to for my own piece of mind.

:) Jess
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • nursebunny5
    nursebunny5 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have been on MFP for about 3 months & have not taken the time to look for friends (I have a few personal friends on here). Not because I don't like having friends, I just didn't really understand the reason for randomly picking friends I don't know. Just now I read a post from someone wondering the same thing I was - what's the point? And all the responses made perfect sense. Honestly I don't know why I didn't think of it before. So here goes - I am looking for friends with similar goals, interests & life as mine. You don't have to be a carbon copy of me - lol - cuz that would be boring.

i,. too, have been on MFP for a while and never looked for "friends" until now. i realized after logging in everyday and seeing no activity that i need some kind of support and interaction!!!

trying to start running - but it's going slow. I also like reading, watching tv, & camping.
    Thanks & hope to meet some awesome new friends on this journey!

i am also attempting to try running!! i have been stuck on C25K week three for over a month!!! *ugh*