Not hungry, low cal intake

Options
I've been taking in a pretty low amount or calories(maybe 1,400) and exercising 5 days a week, bringing myself to about an average net of around 1,200 calories daily. That's lower than what mfp gave me. Question is, if I'm not actually hungry, do I have to force myself to eat a bit more? I don't want to hurt my metabolism by taking in too little, but I really feel fine.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try to eat more calorie dense foods...or snack on some nuts or avocado.

Don't force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry, just try to incorporate higher calorie foods into your diet, that aren't processed junk foods.
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i was undereating for several month and didn't realize it. i didn't think i was ever hungry -- in fact, i generally felt pretty full all day.

i recently added around 400 cals to my breakfast (basically oatmeal, half a veggie pattie, and some other niceties)... and am glad I did. Even though I wasn't hungry before, I look back and realize I just wasn't eating enough (for the amount of exercise i do).

The math was right, my head wasn't.