It's Time...and I'm ready

Options
I'm ready to make a personal commitment to myself...it's time to eat healthier, work out smarter and ultimately lose the weight.

I've struggled with my body image and growing waistline too long....it's time to take control again.

I hope others around me will help encourage me. Especially when it doesn't happen as fast as I want it to. Especially when I'm ready to give up and just eat the doughnut on Friday. Especially when I give up on myself.

Replies

• whycantregister
    whycantregister Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to make a personal commitment to myself...it's time to eat healthier, work out smarter and ultimately lose the weight.

I've struggled with my body image and growing waistline too long....it's time to take control again.

I hope others around me will help encourage me. Especially when it doesn't happen as fast as I want it to. Especially when I'm ready to give up and just eat the doughnut on Friday. Especially when I give up on myself.

Hi maliasa,

That's a very healthy change you're making in your life, keep it up! :flowerforyou: As for the doughnut, well, instead of depriving yourself every Friday or eating the whole doughnut, you can take a bite of 1/2 or 1/4 of it, it's okay, i think. Moderation is the key, people said. The rest of it? Share with your lovely kids :))

Good luck! :heart:
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    That's great! Take charge, seize the day! 8D

Go ahead a have a doughnut. It's the habit of having doughnuts is what messes us up, not the occasional treat. I think the most successful people make changes they can stick with forever, and I wouldn't want to resist a doughnut for the rest of my life. xD
  • klcalliari
    klcalliari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to be active on the site with keeping your friends on here on track? I'm back on the wagon after a slight detour but all in all I've lost 8o+ lbs but would really like some people who will keep me n track while I return the favor... If you're interested in doing so feel free to add me, I'll help in any way I can
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    all the best to you and such a great commitment to your never ending journey to optimal health!!!
    Please be kind to your self and always try to focus on the positive:smile:
    you might not yet be where you want to be, but already with your new journey you are not where you used to be:heart:
    I love toe others comments about the dreaded doughnut - what ever you decide to eat, make sure you count the calories and fat grams and I have found that keeping a daily written log really helps with the intake - I tend to document before I eat.
    Hope this helps:flowerforyou:
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Happy help! Feel free to add if you'd like. Motivation is my middle name! (I know, its weird, but I had eccentric parents)