Starting Over Yet Again

Options
So I've been on MFP since Jan 2012. Last year I dropped from 302lbs to 258lbs. Life got out of hand and I derailed and gained back all 44 lbs, plus another 16lbs. I'm absolutely disgusted with myself. At 5'3" being over 300lbs is NOT OK! Now I face the difficult challenge of refocusing and getting back on track before I drop dead at 33!

I have been overweight since the age of 5, part of the blame is on my parents and portion size at a young age. Food is love! But once I became a teen/adult the responsibility became mine and I haven't done much about it. I don't want my 4 year old to face the same lifelong challenges as I do.

Is there anyone else out there with a similar story and much to lose?

Here's the ugly on me:

Ht: 5'3"
Wt: 316.4lbs
BMI: 56.0
Current Health: Chronic Depression, Asthma [ so far i'm lucky to not have diabetes or hypertension)
Challenges: Extreme emotional eating, lack of motivation and energy

If anyone else is in the same situation and has a lot of weight to lose please add me as a friend and maybe, as a team, we can get healthy for life!

Replies

• zaneNicole2012
    Options
    I would love to be your frienId here on mfp. I was on here once before and gained back all that I'd lost! Lets motivate eachother!!!
  • tryng2lose60lbs
    Options
    I would love to join your group. My story is a little different than yours. I was a skinny kid as I was very VERY active. But that changed when I entered my teens. I started gaining weight since I was 14 years. I have slowly accumulated fat all these years. I am 33 yrs now and weigh 165 lbs. My height is 5'2''. I have knee, hip, back and neck problems because of my weight around waist, hips and thighs.

I tried to lose weight so many times but was never sincere. At least I am hoping this time I would be strict and lose some pounds.
    My long term goal is to lose 60 lbs. My immediate goal is to see 150lbs on the weighing scale.

I never tried any serious work outs. I just used to walk. So I don't know much about what diet to follow or what kind of exercises I need to do. This time I want to try all the healthy ways to lose the weight. Planning to do some googling about it.

So lets help each other.
  • lisabrock21
    lisabrock21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand where your coming from I'm 5'1 and quickly nearing 200lbs. At one time I went on a diet and went down to 140lbs but I gained it all back! At the beginning of the year I started a diet and lost close to 20lbs but again things went crazy and here I am again. I think this time will be different and I will eventually reach my goal.