This never Crossed my mind until today. For Vegetarian/Vegan

FabiolaEnvy♥
FabiolaEnvy♥ Posts: 730
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
what do you eat?
Soy products?
veggies? all veggies or certain types?
fruits? all or certain?
have it ever crossed your mind to eat meat?

i also seen they got things that looks like meat but its just veggies in it.

and they now got this new bacon flavor for vegetarian/vegan such as mayo, cheese, etc.
do you eat that?

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    For non meat products- Fantastic Foods have awesom chili, sloppy joe and taco mixes (high fiber/protein)
    Soy milk only in certain shakes and when I bake
    Veggies: zucchini, squash, eggplant, broccoli, peppers, boiled carrots
    Fruits: strawberry, frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries, seedless grapes, dried cranberries

Heart smart I think it is has really good black bean veggie burgers I love those. I love Extra Firm Tofu as well. I didnt like the mayo, and cheese stuff that was gross.

I also eat tofu noodles.
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Where can I find tofu noodles??
  • Crysta1976
    Where can I find tofu noodles??
  • Crysta1976
    sorry for the double post... :blushing:
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    I'm not vegan but I go meatless on meals sometimes. I like the tofu noodles as well. My store carries it in the produce section, Crysta.

I think Morningstar Farms burgers are pretty good. They make a veggie crumble stuff that works dynamite for sloppy joes or chili or spaghetti sauce. Boca Burgers are nasty, though - in my opinion.

Costco carries some veggie burgers that are awesome too but I can't recall the name. Something Farms. Big help, right? :blushing:

Hope this was useful info for you!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    I have found them at whole foods, hannafords, shaws. There are a few types. Shirataki noodles from home foods. (I think I spelled that wrong) Those have 3 dif shapes. They smell gross before you rinse them.

Then there are the Miracle Noodles I've only found them at a private store in MA. You need to order them online.

Both have virtually no calories and about 3 carbs per serving.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member

They smell gross before you rinse them.

LOL - they do! Kind of fishy. They're fine with a rise-off, though. Good idea to warn people about that :wink:
  • hmm that is very interesting :) thanks

these info are helpful :)
    once in a while i dont have meat in my meals. and i was wondering what do they do to boost their protein other than beans and nuts?
This discussion has been closed.