How do you drink your coffee?

Options
NikkiDerrig386
NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
So A few days ago I posted a "Splenda" topic. I use to drink it with my coffee every morning with low fat milk or soy milk and 2 splendas. Well it is day 3 with this Sun Crystal stuff. It is all natural but I am not digging the taste. Then I just heard someone say to put maple syrup as a sweetner. I have never heard that before. SO now I am wondering how everyone drinks their morning coffee???

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    With about 1/4 cup of skim milk per 8-10 oz mug. I usually have about 2 a day.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    No sweetner?
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    12 cups of water w/1scoop of coffee w/splenda and a tiny bit of milk
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    3 splenda and half and half. Although after reading your splenda thread I am going to venture into the realm of sweeteners and try some new stuff. I'm looking into different brands of Stevia and someone on here mentioned ZSWEET, which I'm also going to give a try. But I just love my 3 splenda a day habit! :drinker:
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    black decaff normally
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    black, jet fuel strength from Peet's, 1/10 a cup of skim milk. I nurse it throughout the day.
  • wantmycurvesback
    Options
    extra milk, either skim or 1% with a half splenda packet, I don't need much sweetener, as I am sweet enough :wink:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Bold French Roast fresh ground beans - 1 or 2 tbsp 1/2&1/2. Maybe 3 cups a day. (no sweetner)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Some powdered creamer and about 2 tsp of sugar.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    splenda topic or not... :)

black with 1 splenda
    OR
    1 splenda and splash of skim
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I drink tea, but I use Stevia in the raw or agave nectar, and sometimes flavored creamers from nestle.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    heavy whipping cream (1 tbsp), stevia.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I don't like coffee with out loads of cream and sugar so I just take a caffeine pill instead. =) Doesn't make my teeth white and I still get my caffeine.

I do drink black tea without sweetener some times
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Stevia and vanilla almond breeze.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    No sweetner?

Nope. Every once in awhile I might put in a packet of sugar if I am having breakfast out and it is a "treat" meal or something, but otherwise I like it just fine without sweetener. I like it milky to cut some of the acidity, but I don't need it sweetened.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I never liked sweetened coffee. I used to do creamer but one day I ran out at work and kept forgetting to get more - so I kind of got used to drinking it black.

never heard of maple syrup in coffee but my husband likes honey instead of sugar or sweetener sometimes. He also swears one 'pink' sweetener and one 'blue' sweetener combined tastes just like sugar. But I try to avoid the fake stuff in general myself ...
  • daisyvidal
    daisyvidal Posts: 7
    Options
    I take my coffee with just enough skim to make it light (1/4 cup?), and 1 splenda.

On the splenda topic:

I use one splenda, any more would be too sweet and after one packet you really start to taste that sweetner aftertaste.

I've tried Truvia and like it a lot, I just haven't gone back to the store for it. And I wanted to do more research on it.

Also tried raw Agave Nectar. I believe you can compare it to putting honey in your coffee. I found the Agave to be really good, but I found that I had to really pour in a large amount to get the coffee as sweet as I like (and I like it one splenda type sweet). It has some calories/carbs, etc, probably comparable to honey?
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I know, artificial sweeteners are evil and all but I use 2 Sweet n' Lows and 2 Tbs of low-fat half and half. My total coffee count comes out to about 25 cals.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    No sweetener, no sugar, just about 1 oz. half & half. Used to do 1 packet of Splenda, but cut that out (trying to rid myself of artificial sweeteners) and switched to 2 packets of sugar and then 1 packet of sugar and then nothing (as you can see, my goal was to make it non-sweet).

I put a packet of stevia (Sweet Leaf brand, I think) in it just yesterday to see if I liked it sweet anymore. I definitely do NOT. Don't know if it was the taste of the stevia or if I just prefer it non-sweetened, but I won't do that again!

I read somewhere that if you get really good coffee then you don't need milk/cream or sugar/sweetener. I'm still looking for that perfect coffee. I know it's out there somewhere! :smile:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    BLACK! Although I rarely drink coffee, and usually with dessert, so I'm getting the sugar from there and the black coffee is a delicious counterpoint. :) And when I say "black," I don't just mean "without sugar and cream." BREW IT STRONG, BABY!!