I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing.....

Options

Replies

• MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Star Wars is better then Star Trek...here comes the storm

You're just stating the facts....

But I love them both! Just love my Star Wars better :Hugs Star Wars:

GeorgiGirl u r my TWIN!!! I feel the same way! my mother is the Trekkie in the fam... :laugh:

tumblr_m2hq583g9u1qcoa6s_zps83d66fc5.gif
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    In to stone Jar Jar Binks.

36973356.jpg
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    62870_10152205756437137_396630392_n.jpg

God, this made my morning.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Star Wars is better then Star Trek...here comes the storm

You're just stating the facts....

But I love them both! Just love my Star Wars better :Hugs Star Wars:

Yea Star Wars has better characters, storys, etc. I am excited for the new movies to be coming out.

I'll be honest...I HATED Star Trek before Abram's last remake of it and I thought it was great! So yeah...can't wait to see what he does with Star Wars!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to catch up on all the books, I am about 75% to 80% done with reading all of them. My computer wallpaper is the Millenium falcon. The protective vinyl on my iPad and Phone are the symbol for the Empire. I also have a couple of vinyl stickers on my car of the Empire symbol. Have been thinking about getting a Star Wars related Tattoo....

No, not a fan at all.

All that and yet you're wearing a batman shirt... I am disappoint.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    38444210151388701943021.jpg
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    When I arrived at work this morning, the guy working on the landscaping gave me a Vulcan hand greeting and I knew what it was....

But that's not Star Wars.

Ooops..... same universe....
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this is still going strong.

Picard pilots the Enterprise though an asteroid field at one quarter impulse power.......Han floored it.

To be fair Picard was not able to floor it. He was trapped in that asteroid field by a mechanism that would feed off of the ships energy. The more energy they called upon from the ship the more the trap would damage them. So they used a one time burst of energy to get the ship moving and then they used the gravitational pull of one of the larger asteroids to slingshot the ship out of the trap.

Han Solo was running for his life and he floored it through the asteroid field to lose the empire. Really both of them made the correct decision for the situations they were in.

Yep, that's right.... I'm a Trekkie. I TRUE Trekkie and I hate Abrams new Star Trek movies. I pray to God he doesn't screw up the Star Wars franchise too. Don't mess with the timeline!
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Picard pilots the Enterprise though an asteroid field at one quarter impulse power.......Han floored it.

To be fair Picard was not able to floor it. He was trapped in that asteroid field by a mechanism that would feed off of the ships energy. The more energy they called upon from the ship the more the trap would damage them. So they used a one time burst of energy to get the ship moving and then they used the gravitational pull of one of the larger asteroids to slingshot the ship out of the trap.

Han Solo was running for his life and he floored it through the asteroid field to lose the empire. Really both of them made the correct decision for the situations they were in.

^^^:heart::heart: :heart:
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

OMG!!! you are the king of geeks!!! I totally :heart: :heart: :heart: it...rationalization is a beautiful thing, my friend.

:drinker:
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I LOVE STAR WARS!! Ahh! Seriously though, I love it so much, my husband and I dress up as something SW related every Halloween.

Here's my kid a couple of years ago:

309505_10150491174364018_1667567555_n.jpg

My husband as the Emperor:

302844_10151475997844018_919361568_n.jpg

I would post more but I can't find them atm lol.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I LOVE STAR WARS!! Ahh! Seriously though, I love it so much, my husband and I dress up as something SW related every Halloween.

Here's my kid a couple of years ago:

309505_10150491174364018_1667567555_n.jpg

My husband as the Emperor:

302844_10151475997844018_919361568_n.jpg

I would post more but I can't find them atm lol.

Nice!
  • sarahtonin015
    sarahtonin015 Posts: 193
    Options
    Han shot first. :P
  • sarahtonin015
    sarahtonin015 Posts: 193
    Options
    And I also love Star Trek, since I noticed there was mention of it above :P My mom says when I was a toddler, whenever the Next Generation theme song started playing, I'd stop whatever I was doing and dance to it, hahaha
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This thread has me wanting to watch Star Wars!! I love ALL of the movies!
    And with the Star Trek mentions I love those to! It's been to long since I've seen any!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

OMG!!! you are the king of geeks!!! I totally :heart: :heart: :heart: it...rationalization is a beautiful thing, my friend.

:drinker:

I could talk about science fiction for hours. I love to go in to deep detail. I love to learn more about the characters. Most of all I love sharing and hearing different perspectives. When people learn that I love or hate a given character or plot point in science fiction or really any part of cinema often times they will be shocked. Sometimes from discussions with people like this I can learn to like a character or plot point that I used to hate. The opposite can also be true.

Side Note: While not science fiction related I just had a long conversation with a group of people this weekend about the lion king. People where amazed that I didn't like it. I gave my reasons and many of them actually agreed with me.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Any Star Wars fans on here?

The tattoo on your back proves that you are at least! :wink:
  • JHarr454
    JHarr454 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find the picture of me as Porkins for Halloween.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Stumbled upon this and thought about this thread

at-atdog-costume-537x343.jpg
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Han shot first. :P

Han definitely shot first. I have no idea what they were thinking. Having Greedo shoot first actually ruins the scene.