30 Day Squat Challenge

Options
I saw some things on Pinterest last night about doing this 30 Day Squat Challenge. I was curious if anyone has ever done it before and if so did you get the results you desired? Also, after doing this what would I have to do to "maintain" the area affected by the challenge. Thanks!

Replies

• mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    ^^^^^ This I have been asking the same thing?
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I think I saw that on instagram!!!
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Use it so you don't lose it! So... Yes you'd have to maintain. And yes it would make you stronger and have a nicer butt. Of course it depends on what shape you were in before you started! For those who can do a million squats with no weights, they'd have to do weighted squats...
  • AmandaJCole13
    Options
    I've been doing it for a while, and its great.
    Tightening and lifting my booty...makes it look bigger in a good way.
    Great for getting your heart pumping too!
    Love it.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I keep starting it and then forgetting somewhere around day 4 (the rest day) I just keep taking rest days. lol:blushing:
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I modified it to 60 days and added crunches and pushups - along with my regular routine:

67m9fl.png

(Ignore the word challenge being in the title twice. LOL)
  • homegirl614
    homegirl614 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest. I used to HATE doing squats and I could only do about 10-15 at a time. I did the 30 day challenge and man has it made a difference. At one point, I was doing 100 squats per day. The main reason I started the 30 day challenge is because I wanted a firmer butt. I can honestly say the squats helped a lot. now I can't stay out of the mirror and I am always feeling on my butt, lol. But seriously, I did get the desired results.
  • blc1971
    blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 30 day squat challenge yesterday and it was tough but do-able!! The one I did finished at 250 squats on the last day, which I completed yesterday. It felt like a huge victory when I did that last squat, especially on Mother's Day! I felt like I had given MYSELF the gift of better health and a better body. To answer your other questions, I noticed a huge difference in my thighs and butt. I'm 42 yoa, 5'7", and 178 lbs (down from 213). I carry most of my weight around my middle, but I had a lot of loose skin on my inner thighs and a few dimples on the backs of my thighs. The squat challenge really firmed up my thighs and lifted my bum!! I know that one cannot spot-reduce fat from the body, but I know for sure you can tone and firm the muscles underneath and that really improves the appearance of the problem areas. I'm not sure what one would have to do to maintain that, I'm no workout expert, but I figure that I can easily bust out 50 or even 100 squats a day to maintain the improvements I've achieved. Hope this helps and I say go for it!!
  • ladyinsayne
    Options
    Idk personally but I have 3 friends who have done it, only one finished and she said yes she mostly felt results but did see some results. I started today. So I can get back to you in 30 days.... Or u can do it with me =]
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    I modified it to 60 days and added crunches and pushups - along with my regular routine:

67m9fl.png

(Ignore the word challenge being in the title twice. LOL)

I am loving your chart I am going to try this by adding it my routine.
  • MandaLP
    MandaLP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 1 completed!!! I'm really excited to see what this will do to my butt, hips and lower abs :happy:

Anyone else seen great results within the first 15 days? I am in a wedding in August and let's put it this way....the dress shows the lumps and I need to tone my legs because it is super short.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try it. I just didn't know what you'd have to do to maintain it I guess. I want to still be able to do my cardio so we'll see how sore my legs are after I start it =D
  • juliebarberhalsey
    juliebarberhalsey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have only just heard about it, so started today : ) to be honest i didn't think i'd be able to do it, but actually it was ok, i'm sure i will feel it tomorrow!!
    Glad to hear that others have had good results : )
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with it! I've got three more days to go. My husband says he has noticed a difference with my rear, haha.
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    I'm almost done with it! I've got three more days to go. My husband says he has noticed a difference with my rear, haha.

oooh way to go! I'm just worried that if I do it I won't be able to keep up with my 30-45 minutes of cardio during the week
  • actiontime26
    actiontime26 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day 1 completed!!! I'm really excited to see what this will do to my butt, hips and lower abs :happy:

Anyone else seen great results within the first 15 days? I am in a wedding in August and let's put it this way....the dress shows the lumps and I need to tone my legs because it is super short.

last week I had to take my measurements. My thighs and legs were more firm and a bit smaller. My butt was higher and bigger. I was halfway. However, I do also wallsit, plank and crunches. I'm on day 20. Can't wait to see the final results. ^.^
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    I'm starting soon!
  • SweetPea416
    Options
    I started the 30 day squat challenge yesterday and OMG my legs feel weak like jello but I'm proud I did it
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    I am on day 17 of the squat challenge, and i am definitely noticing a difference! my butt is smaller and firmer, and I love it! I didn't think it'd work or be noticeable but it definitely is. it's hard but you won't regret it!