Suggestions, Ideas, Info on weak & sore knees (not a runner)

Options
2»

Replies

• wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    My walking partner had really bad knees when we first started walking and she told me today after a year of walking she has so much more strength in her knees. Yes, they still hurt but know where near as much as they us to. Also, I swear by "Pure African Shea Butter". This stuff is great and will take away any aches and pains you may have. I use it everyday after a work out and I can tell the spots I missed because that is were I am sore at. You can order it off line or go to a Korean Beauty Supply store and pick some up, you want regret it. It is 100 times better than Ben-gay or Icy Hot. Good luck to you.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You guys are all awesome with a capital AWESOME!

I will look into it. I tend not to go to the Dr. unless it's really an issue. Since this has been the norm for me for so long, I don't consider it 'issue' status. LOL. I'm Canadian so going to the dr. is no big deal, plus I do have extended health through my work so I guess I should look into that and stop being a wanker.

I'm DEFINITELY going to look up the Pure African Shea Butter, @Wanda9501. I hate ben-gay and icy-hot. I suspect it probably smells a lot better too!

Thank you again, everyone for your comments and suggestions.

Bailey
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You guys are all awesome with a capital AWESOME!

I will look into it. I tend not to go to the Dr. unless it's really an issue. Since this has been the norm for me for so long, I don't consider it 'issue' status. LOL. I'm Canadian so going to the dr. is no big deal, plus I do have extended health through my work so I guess I should look into that and stop being a wanker.

I'm DEFINITELY going to look up the Pure African Shea Butter, @Wanda9501. I hate ben-gay and icy-hot. I suspect it probably smells a lot better too!

Thank you again, everyone for your comments and suggestions.

Bailey

Oh have you tried salon pas pain patches? Idk if you can get them where you are. They're great, much cheaper than icy hot patches and they don't smell as strong.
  • liftgrl
    Options
    Hi, I just wanted to maybe help out with your ''knee problems'' :) I injured both of my knees because of having bad form while squatting. My knees put me in check with pain ,tenderness,and annoying aches. I have been reading about biomechanics and how our bodies our connected. So, that being said I would like to offer you some advice on stretching your It band, hamstrings,ankles,glutes,and quads. I found this website that explains and shows you different types of stretches you can do while you're trying to lose weight and work your way up to weight lifting. Oh yea, don't forget to warm up because you don't want to injure yourself ( i'm sure you know this hehe) then slowly start stretching to release some pain in your knee area, then proceed to strengthen the areas I have listed above. I feel your pain and I hope this information will help you. I will list the videos and website that has helped me to slowly recover from my knee pain. I do these stretches and strengthening exercises everyday followed by 20-30 minutes of ice with a towel over my knees and elevate them lol

Here's a website that I has great details and stretches and strengthening workouts
    http://modernhealthmonk.com/ultimate-guide-to-chronic-knee-pain-runners-knee/

Here's another one with stretches
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDhKVtkfnsg&list=PL0538D70FA1E055AC

This is a great one to strengthen :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLoMA7I7HOQ&list=PL0538D70FA1E055AC

I hope this helps you out :) FEEL BETTER !