Water Retainage/ Running?

nsking83
nsking83 Posts: 145
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay, I know I've seen this topic somewhere.........I think. But I tried searching.........and being the impatient one I am.......gave up.

Wednesdays are my normal weigh-in days.

But yesterday, I took on the task of running 5 miles for the first time ever - outside, in central OH, where it has been hot and hazy. So I sucked the water down yesterday (before, during and after) for a total of 14 glasses (I'm lucky most days to get the full 8 :ohwell: )

I knew if I weighed myself right after it wouldn't be right, so I waited until today.

GAINED 0.6 pounds!??! :grumble: :noway:

WHAT. THE. (Pick your favorite word; in this case, mine begins with an "F" :laugh: ).

Seriously?

Someone please tell me what's up ! I've worked so hard since my last weigh in............:sad:

Replies

• rachaelayn
    rachaelayn Posts: 1
    I have had the same issue lately! Last week I got up and walk/jogged 6 mornings straight! I weighed myself yesterday and found that I had gained 2 lbs. :( I did some research, but all I could find was "overeating/overcompensation for how hard you're working." Lame.

Retaining water probably has something to do with it. Do you weigh yourself in the morning, by chance? I always do. Wake up, pee, weigh. That's when I think you're least likely to have any weight problems from something you ate/water you drank.
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    I might have to start weighing myself in the mornings instead of in the evenings...........good thought.

And there's NO way i was overcompensating/ or whatever. I've been so good :mad:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    yes definitely start weighing yourself inthe mornings after you pee and poop.. And watch your fiber intake.. You should be getting at LEAST 25 grams a day...
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    I find I get that too, even though I've been exercising often (5 days a week). I find my weight fluctuates every 2/3 days.

I've only been doing MFP for the last month, and some people tell me it's to do with muscle gain and/or water weight.

And I've read somewhere that weight loss doesn't really kick in until 60 days or so.....(if exercise and eating healthily is kept in check)?

Also, I adjusted my eating patterns only today by eating 5-6 meals/snacks a day but smaller portions to see if that will speed up the process. But I ended up eating 8 times today, although I had a very long day (6am start and it's now 11.30pm)

Anyways, here's hoping....
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Mornings are probably best for weigh ins.

Just from experiementation I know my weight can fluctuate as much as 7 lbs during the day. But I'm bigger and have to/can carry more fluid and thus subject to larger flucations.

Not sure where the no results for 60 days comes from but that's BS. So is the 6 smaller meals speeding up matabolism, but if it works for you go for it.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Sorry I meant I read somewhere that after 60 days you'll start to see noticeable difference in shape.
This discussion has been closed.