Fit by 40! Looking for buddies :)

Options
2»

Replies

• erayne
    erayne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You already know my struggles, I'm with you! =)
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I am a 46 year old mom of 2 teens and started this journey back to a healthier lifestyle last September. My exercise of choice is walking (with occasional light jogging). I consider myself a work in progress so you are not going to see all spinach and twigs in my food diary, but I have made lots of changes to my daily diet and I eat more mindfully now. I am always happy to add friends. :smile:
  • gvn71
    gvn71 Posts: 2
    Options
    add me, I'm 41, mum to 3 girls. was pretty fit at 38/39 then somehow let it slide and now at 41 I want to lose 15kg (33lbs?).
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Anyone here can definitely add me! I will smack face first into the big 4-0 this September, but I'm digging my heels in every step of the way. I'm determined to be fit and fabulous by then, and hopefully go on a big trip somewhere awesome to celebrate it. Hmm, am I still allowed to use the word "awesome" even though I'm close to 40? :laugh:
  • duffmama
    duffmama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeannie, I had the same idea to be fit not fat by 40. I have three boys and stay so busy that I am four years past my goal but it takes alot of thinking and planning for me to jump on the bandwagon so to speak. I've had some health issues that have kept me from having a positive attitude and I just needed to wallow in self pity for a while. I'm done with that! I've lost 15 lbs. before I signed on with fitness pal and have lost another 5, so I'm on the right track. That's great that your doing these 5k's. I have a friend that followed a couch to 5k program and is now running them. I never thought of her as athletic much less someone who moved fast, lol. Just goes to show, people can still surprise you! I'm not sure I will ever be a runner, although I'd like to, I do intend to be healthier. I definitely can tell a difference in the way I feel. Let's help one another stay motivated.:flowerforyou:
  • DJMolls
    DJMolls Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you got this!!:smile:
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I will also be 40 in October. :)