Remove or not to remove triggering foods

Options
2»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Common sense says, If you want to eat well, don't buy ****ty food.

You do realize, don't you, that not all trigger foods are ****ty foods, right? Some people binge on avocados, FFS.

And you do realise it's a matter of making a choice for yourself. Thinking before you act and force another piece of food down your throat.

No matter what it comes down to the desire to actually get healthy. If you know you shouldn't binge on any food, why are you doing it?

Because you have no self-control. Learn it.

Real easy.

Why do you feel the need to be so very rude? Did you get sand kicked in your face a lot as a child?
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options

You do realize, don't you, that not all trigger foods are ****ty foods, right? Some people binge on avocados, FFS.

And you do realise it's a matter of making a choice for yourself. Thinking before you act and force another piece of food down your throat.

No matter what it comes down to the desire to actually get healthy. If you know you shouldn't binge on any food, why are you doing it?

Real easy.

Why do you feel the need to be so very rude? Did you get sand kicked in your face a lot as a child?

I'm not being rude at all, I'm giving you a clear, honest answer. It comes down to making the right choices.
    If you can't make good decisions for yourself, you aren't even trying.

btw, my face is gorgeous.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I removed the first couple months and substituted what I could. Now I have no problem with just one serving.
  • rml_16
    Options

Real easy.

I'm not being rude at all, I'm giving you a clear, honest answer. It comes down to making the right choices.

Ah ha. Looked at the profile. Got it now. :-)

This is why even when I was 22, I didn't date men younger than 30.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Real easy.

tumblr_mczjfz5x2g1rrldnt.gif

ok, you've had your little lovers quarrel, now let people actually comment on the op.

thanks for your cooperation!
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options

Real easy.

So are we changing the subject now?

Willpower, get some.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I absolutely believe in removing foods and adding them back in.

I find it a lot harder to binge (or drink my calories) at 90+ lbs lost then I did at 9 lbs lost. It's not impossible, just a lot harder.

For me I wouldn't be at this point in my loss without removing "trigger foods".
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

Real easy.

The OP is asking for advice and suggestions to help her make the right choices. Your lack of empathy isn't very helpful.

OP - I haven't exactly been in your position as I never had particular trigger foods. I have heard several people say that they had success by initially getting rid of all trigger foods so the temptation just wasn't there, but that they were able to reintroduce them at a later date after having created some new habits etc.
  • krlong6
    krlong6 Posts: 30
    Options
    I would keep it in the house. Exercise control through the week and keep other healthy foods to choose over that trigger food. I allow myself one day out of the week to eat whatever I want as long as it's not going overboard with quantity. I believe that if you cut something that you really desire 100%, that'll be the thing that makes the diet fall apart. No need to let that happen and feel guilty afterwards!
  • rml_16
    Options
    ok, you've had your little lovers quarrel, now let people actually comment on the op.

I did comment on the OP. I gave her sound advice. She didn't need someone coming in a berating her for, heaven forbid, being human. This particular poster has a habit of such behavior and needs to cut it out. It doesn't help anyone.
  • nikilis
    Options

I did comment on the OP. I gave her sound advice. She didn't need someone coming in a berating her for, heaven forbid, being human. This particular poster has a habit of such behavior and needs to cut it out. It doesn't help anyone.

yeh, you did, and in a round about, slightly sharp way so did he. then you started on him.

right about here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You do realize, don't you, that not all trigger foods are ****ty foods, right? Some people binge on avocados, FFS.

Real easy.

first personal attack >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Why do you feel the need to be so very rude? Did you get sand kicked in your face a lot as a child?

second personal attack >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ah ha. Looked at the profile. Got it now. :-)

hes sharp, and a bit unforgiving because he, like myself to a degree, eat healthy and exercise almost like clockwork. it can become a bit like "whaaa, no, come on, common sense people" from time to time.

you are the one being abusive.

keep calm and carry on.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Real easy.

Willpower, get some.

Wow will power really??? You think it's that easy??? I am a 36 year old mother of 4 with 2 adult step sons and a husband. So getting the junk out of the house is impossible. I am the only person in the house with a weight issue and that is from having 4 kids. I felt like I had just climbed a mountain I was so proud of myself when I didn't eat the chocolate ice cream with my family the other night. It was also a first for me. It is so much more than will power. If you feel the need to attack people for a simple question, maybe you should go else where. The rest of us are here to support each other.
    That said back to the OP's question. I personally think it's an easier choice to keep the food out at least in the first few weeks. Especially while you are trying to get all of the gunk out of you system. It's amazing how junk makes you want to eat more junk. Those couple of weeks will give you time to figure out some good tasting healthy options that you can have in our journey to good health. When my hubby goes on the road like clock work I rid my house of all the crap he brings in. Today he asked me if I wanted him to bring me home dunkin donuts. I think he likes me 40lbs over weight. Then again everytime I lose the baby weight I get knocked up again. Seems to be a patern for us...
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Real easy.

Willpower, get some.

Oh my lord. Did you know that being overly fixated on "perfect" eating and exercising is also a mental problem? Control issues much?
    In your case you seem to be seriously committed to this ideology to the point that you're insulting others and sounding like a bad self-help informercial.
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @ OP

Do you live alone? I'd say anything that causes you to binge or even take part in binging behavior (being overly fixated on the pleasure of the food/eating it at the time), get rid of it.

If you don't live alone (I have this issue), remember that your body will most likely feel like crap afterward. I mean, crap happens, sometimes you accidentally eat too much, or too little, just realizing what leads to these behaviors and finding a strategy helps.
  • nikilis
    Options

Real easy.

Willpower, get some.

Wow will power really??? You think it's that easy??? I am a 36 year old mother of 4 with 2 adult step sons and a husband. So getting the junk out of the house is impossible. I am the only person in the house with a weight issue and that is from having 4 kids. I felt like I had just climbed a mountain I was so proud of myself when I didn't eat the chocolate ice cream with my family the other night. It was also a first for me. It is so much more than will power. If you feel the need to attack people for a simple question, maybe you should go else where. The rest of us are here to support each other.

Oh my lord. Did you know that being overly fixated on "perfect" eating and exercising is also a mental problem? Control issues much?
    In your case you seem to be seriously committed to this ideology to the point that you're insulting others and sounding like a bad self-help informercial.

whilst you raised your stone to be cast, you realised that you must put it down, as you were no longer without sin.