sugar and carbs...

mcohan
mcohan Posts: 116 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
so i am a pretty healthy eater but i always seem to go over on carbs and sugar, while staying below/within my calorie limits. i think the culprit is fruit, my protein bar i eat for breakfast, and carrots (all of which i love).

a normal day consists of:

breakfast: cliff bar

lunch: apple, veggies, shrimp/tofu, brown rice

snack: carrots, or granola bar (usually kashi)

dinner: similar to lunch, or a quesadilla (lowfat cheese and veggies, and salsa) on a corn tortilla

desert: sugar free pudding, or fruit

my calorie goal is 1200, so i guess my question is that if i go over on carbs and sugar, will i still lose?

thanks guys!

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Yes, you definately should. Fruit carbs are alot different than like chocolate sugar, etc. As long as you stay with in approx 100 g. you should loose if you're sticking to 1200 cals! Good luck!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    I go over on my sugar everyday...so I stopped watching my sugar.....the fruits alone pushes your sugar over......and I still loose weight

The body understands natural sugars and is prepared to break it down......if you were eating processed sugar then that would be a different story.

I odont go over on my carb........however you are eating healthy carbs, so I dont think that will be a problem either

Also....Do you work out?.....because when you work out, the amount of carb you are allowed increases when you work out

You state your calorie is at 1200......Do you work out daily? because the amount of carb MFP give you at 1200, is low and without adding my workout calories I tend to go over

However once the workout calories are added, the amount of carbs you should eat also increases

So if you work out, you may not be going over on your carbs like you think.......
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    As long as you arent diabetic I wouldnt worry to much.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    BeautifulScarsWECHANGED Posts: 749 Member
    Same here! I don't eat garbage anymore and I still go over on my sugar every day it seems.
This discussion has been closed.