Newbie in need of support

Options
I joined MFP a while back but have decided I better use it in order to see any results. I was on weight watchers for about a year and lost about 15lbs on that, but got discouraged when I hit a plateau. WW is great but I would much rather use a program that does not push their products all the time. I'm sure there are other low cal foods on the market that work just as well.
My current weight is 214, and I would like to get down to at least 150. I have thyroid disease which is a huge challenge as far as weight loss and if anyone has thyroid disease and successful weight loss I would be glad to hear about it. I welcome any tips and advice anyone has to offer. I really don't eat sweets, but I am a chip-a-holic and need to get my portions under control. Any advice or tips you have to stay focused and on track will be greatly appreciated.:smile:

Replies

• Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I tried weightwatchers and thought the same thing. I still use some of their products though, like the pita breads! I think portion control is hard but once I got some scales it became obvious I was eating far too much. I just weigh thing now so I can track accurately. I will add u!
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I just cancelled my WW today. I lost 10lbs on MFP and gained 5 on WW. This is better for me. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • phantomrain100
    Options
    You can add me! I weight a little more than you but not much so maybe we can lose it together!! I used to do WW but haven't for a while, wanted to try MFP because it doesn't cost anything and I've lost by counting calories before.
  • overs5
    overs5 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i too have just come off ww, lose 1lb one wk then put 2 on the following!! i was going no where fast so cancelled my subscription and here i am :laugh: :laugh: