Losing Inches not Pounds?! HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Your density is increasing without a change in mass. You are collapsing on yourself. I suggest you consult an astrologist or physicist at this point to advise you further.

LOL!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    ITS A NUMBER. WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this irritates me so much how people actually CARE that the number isn't going down, when they clearly look better
    GAHH *doesn't understand*
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    facepalm-1.png

omg yes..
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Your density is increasing without a change in mass. You are collapsing on yourself. I suggest you consult an astrologist or physicist at this point to advise you further.
    D=M/V I don't see how your statement makes logical sense.

Her volume is decreasing. Quick example. If she went from M=3, V=3, then D=1. She lost inches (volume) so M=3, V=2, then D=1.5
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Cut your cardio in half and add strength. Cannot stress the importance of building lean muscle and up your calories even if you have a 2-300 cal protien shake after a work out. If you do the same cardio routine day in day out your body gets used to it so maybe try a prog like insanity or turbo fire that's both cardio and weights but switches up daily.

I would far rather lose inches then lb's!!!
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    When i first started watching my calories and working out, I lost 15 pounds right off the bat! Now I can't get the scale to budge, but my clothes are loose. I don't understand. Before twin pregnancy I was 130 then after I had them I was 210 now I am 194 195 ish and I can't get past it! WHat am I doing wrong? I do an hour to an hour and a half of cardio every day and I stay under 1310 calories each day. Please HELP

get rid of that scale! inches lost are awesome!
  • woofers1803
    woofers1803 Posts: 23
    Options
    Sounds identical to how my journey has been going. I cut my cardio to 2 hours a week total, added in lifting HEAVY doing stronglifts 5x5 3 days a week, and increased my intake by about 700 cals to approximately TDEE-20% and changed my macros to 40% carb, 30% protein, and 30% fat. Doing that made me drop another 10 in a month. Added bonus of eating more is that you are less grumpy because you're less hungry all the time!

As for the not stressing about the scale number and being happy about the inches lost, I am in the same boat, but then I also can't see the 9 inches I've lost off my waist at all which is making it worse. I have learned tho that as much as it hurts seeing the scale still say scary numbers, it's really nice to see smaller pants sizes. I like the idea suggested by another response to have a goal size, not a goal weight. That's something that I could see being a positive thought process change!

Whatever decision you make when it comes to intake and exercise, I wish you luck. It always is hard when you don't see the scale move when you are working so hard.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options

Her volume is decreasing. Quick example. If she went from M=3, V=3, then D=1. She lost inches (volume) so M=3, V=2, then D=1.5
    Except physiologically speaking it's impossible for the body to sustain the same LBM at a lower weight, so mass has to change.
  • whierd
    Options

Except physiologically speaking it's impossible for the body to sustain the same LBM at a lower weight, so mass has to change.

No one said the weight changed. Only volume.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Your density is increasing without a change in mass. You are collapsing on yourself. I suggest you consult an astronomer or physicist at this point to advise you further.

Fixed that for ya, whierd.

I'm pretty sure he meant astronomer instead of astrologer, does that clear it up? :flowerforyou:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    This is called winning.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Good thing your weight isn't tattooed on your forehead. Who cares what the scale says if you're losing inches?
  • whierd
    Options
    Your density is increasing without a change in mass. You are collapsing on yourself. I suggest you consult an astronomer or physicist at this point to advise you further.

Fixed that for ya, whierd.

I'm pretty sure he meant astronomer instead of astrologer, does that clear it up? :flowerforyou:

Oh wow!! Good catch!! It was hot out today and I am not recovered yet. :tongue:
  • ryliery
    ryliery Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks! and Lol I dont do either of those things hahah
  • ryliery
    ryliery Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    No it's not. I'm concerned. I have never been fat before, this is my first timing losing weight and I have no idea how it works. Thanks though. :)