For Data Junkies

Options
nxd10
nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42380784/Capture.PNG

I was just playing with the data for my weight loss and thought I'd post for people who talk about whether or not it is linear.

The top graph shows my weight loss in general. It looks pretty linear, although it's slowed down as my BMI got lower.

The bottom graph shows my weight loss per week. It is all over the place.

Bottom line: In the long term it's pretty linear and every week it goes in fits and starts.

(I don't know how to just insert the image, even though it is in a public file space. If someone sends me the code, I'd be happy to do it.)

Replies

• Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That's cool. Shows BMI and pounds, while related, aren't necessarily locked to each other.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42380784/Capture.PNG

It's a great visual. Thanks for sharing it.
  • nxd10
    Options
    I know, however, the reason I put it in was that I'm pretty tall, and I just wanted to show that I was in the low end of the overweight range to start and slowed down in the middle of the 'healthy' BMI range.

If I was 5'0", and those were my weights, I'd be going from obese to obese.

We lose weight differently depending where we start.
  • nxd10
    Options
  • nxd10
    Options
    Capture.PNG

I was just playing with the data for my weight loss and thought I'd post for people who talk about whether or not it is linear.

The top graph shows my weight by week over the last year. It looks pretty linear, although it's slowed down as my BMI got lower.

The bottom graph shows my weight loss per week. It is all over the place.

Bottom line: In the long term it's pretty linear and every week it goes in fits and starts. As Dora says in Finding Nemo: Keep On Swimming.

(I don't know how to just insert the image, even though it is in a public file space. If someone sends me the code, I'd be happy to do it.)
  • SarahBean89
    SarahBean89 Posts: 16
    Options
    That is a very cool visual.

It's especially interesting to me because it seems like I'm in a very similar situation to what you did - I'm pretty tall, and I when I started I was in the low overweight range at 187 and my goal weight is just a couple pounds heavier than where you're at now!

Thanks for sharing.