• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm all for it.

8d4c741039883075.jpg.jpg
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with whatever people get. But am sometimes baffled when folks get a tattoo in a foreign language and it's wrong. Spanish, Chinese, whatever. Get it right.

We asked a girl once why she changed the structure of the Chinese character in her tattoo and she said it just looked better. Riiiight, but it doesn't mean what you want. :wink:
  • obeseandsassy
    obeseandsassy Posts: 118
    Options
    I think there's a line between appreciating another culture, and appropriating it. Don't cross that line.
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think there's a line between appreciating another culture, and appropriating it. Don't cross that line.

I think I like just about everything you post.
  • obeseandsassy
    obeseandsassy Posts: 118
    Options

I think I like just about everything you post.

Aww shucks! :)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I'm all for it.

8d4c741039883075.jpg.jpg

Bwahahahahahaha!

Now THAT'S some good sanskrit.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Cultures have and will continue to mesh throughout history.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I think we should love our bodies however we decide to decorate them. No tattoo shaming here, so let's call it "Cultural Tattoo Acceptance."
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I think we should love our bodies however we decide to decorate them. No tattoo shaming here, so let's call it "Cultural Tattoo Acceptance."

+1
  • tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I side eye them, but whatever...it's their body and their mistake.
  • bigbear167
    bigbear167 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    don't care
  • phatnotfat81
    phatnotfat81 Posts: 171
    Options
    Who cares? If it's cute, I'm getting it! :ohwell:
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

This, I'm Irish, it seems like every ejit with a great great aunt who once went to Ireland considers themselves 'Irish'... Plastic Paddys we call them.
    HOWEVER, our Celtic artwork is so beautiful I couldn't really object to someone wanting to decorate themselves with it.
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    5yRwy9g.png

Does this count? I was tripping balls when I got it.
  • RiesigJay
    RiesigJay Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    http://i.imgur.com/5yRwy9g.png

1) that's epic!

2) If you believe man came from monkey... it's cultural

That's probably the universal "cultural" tattoo that anyone (that believes in evolution) can get
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    5yRwy9g.png

Awesome! :drinker:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Could care less but I do feel bad when they are messed up and don't mean what they think they mean.

Ran into a guy a couple of years ago in a indoors soccer tournament who had an Arabic tattoo, so I asked him what was the story behind it or significance. He told me that he got it in Iraq and it says freedom, so I started laughing and of course he was confused and kinda mad at me. Took me a little to stop laughing which made me look like a total a$&hole, but finally I was able to explain to him that it was misspelled and doesn't say freedom but rather says mermaid.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    5yRwy9g.png

-King hell that's horrendous.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mca86exPWI1ralggio1_500.gif
    tumblr_mca86exPWI1ralggio2_500.gif
  • alexadarielle21
    Options
    why would you fear other cultures? You have to get out and test the waters of the world! ;) w/ much love.