Not losing

Options
merflan
merflan Posts: 216 Member
I'm beyond frustrated. Not losing weight at All! I've been fluctuating between 189 and 193 for the last two months. I've been at this since January. I have my cals set to TDEE-20% because I have a fair amount to lose. I pay attention to macros but dont slways hit my protein. I wear a fit bit and log between 8000 and 10000+ steps a day, plus various fitness classes through the week. When I complete each day, it tells me what I'd weigh in 5 weeks...but I never lose!!!

Replies

• rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hard to say. Your diary is almost empty.
  • merflan
    Options
    No it's not. I've been tracking since January. Miss a day here or there... My Internet was down last week and over the weekend so that is why there wasn't much tracking but if you go back further I track.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Your ticker shows a 10lb loss - have you rerun your numbers since losing the weight? Might need to make some adjustments.
  • merflan
    Options
    Yes I did. I've tried to do everything I'm supposed to do. I'm so frustrated!'
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    u need to do 60 minutes of cardio a day and eat 1800 or less in caleries
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    peeked at your diary
    your diary looks like u make very good food choices. so
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    How's your water intake? I thought it was a bunch of crap when people were bugging me about how much it helps, but drinking 8 cups a day pretty much broke my plateau.
  • Hodgenska
    Hodgenska Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest trying to switch up your diet and exercise? If you keep doing one thing, your body will get used to it, and you'll hit a "plateau". Good luck!
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Is your activity level accurate in your TDEE number? Do you put it at sedentary and eat back exercise?
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!
    1) UP that protein.
    2) Start every day with a big plate of protein.
    3) Eat less carbs---that means less bread, less potatoes, no chips--corn or otherwise.
    4) Move, my friend, move as much as you can.
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Have u measured yourself recently? Maybe your losing inches instead of LB's?
  • Crystal0072
    Crystal0072 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done the same thing. I talked to a friend who is a dietician and she suggested eating a few more calories and I have seen some advances but not much. I can tell my clothes are much looser, about a jean size so I keep telling myself maybe I am firming up from exercise? I don't drink any water regularly, I have thought about trying to increase my water intake but have not done so yet. Good luck, just don't give up!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Is your activity level accurate in your TDEE number? Do you put it at sedentary and eat back exercise?

how you calculated your TDEE could be important.

Have u measured yourself recently? Maybe your losing inches instead of LB's?

this is also a good point as sometimes the scale doesn't move much but you can see physical changes.

maybe you need to go back to maintenance for a while, personally I'm trying intermittent fasting with an 8 hour eating window (16/8) which can also jumpstart weight loss.
  • rogerbosch
    Options
    I'd suggest trying to switch up your diet and exercise? If you keep doing one thing, your body will get used to it, and you'll hit a "plateau". Good luck!

As far as exercise goes, I agree with the above, but not food wise. Switching up stuff can be confusing. Eating the same everyday might sound boring, but it certainly does help if you have weight issues! Once you find what works for you, it's better to control weight. At least it did for me. I love eggs, oats and chicken curry, so I base my daily meals on them. Read 'base', which means there's plenty of room for variation.
  • merflan
    Options
    I did notice you ate a lot of curry dishes!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

no you dont.

i have never done 60 minutes of cardio a day and i lost weight just fine.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

60 minutes of cardio per day is not necessary and calorie level is determined by height/weight/activity level and is going to be different for different people.
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a lot of curry, as long as its made healthy and not filled with ghee! Mine are about 200 cals 20g protein for a smallish serving. Would be higher profile but the bf complains if I eat all the meat.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale for logging? Do you weigh all foods and measure free-pouring liquids? Do you take "cheat days" and if so do you log them?
  • rogerbosch
    Options
    I did notice you ate a lot of curry dishes!
    True! Curry is the magic, because of the cumin in it. It works wonders: http://www.diethealthclub.com/health-food/cumin-seeds-health-benefits.html, although I just eat it because I love the taste.