fitbit...

Options

Replies

• chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    someone posted this on another forum-- worth a read.

I have the fitbit one and I LOVE IT.

http://www.getgrok.com/2013/01/a-comparative-review-28-days-with-the-fitbit-one-jawbone-up-nike-fuelband-and-bodymedia-link/
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Get the One, and clip it on the inside of your pocket. Or just wear it openly. Seriously - no one cares. Most people don't notice. Of those that do, even fewer will actually comment. I've been wearing mine since January, and no one has ever commented.
  • prpljellybean
    prpljellybean Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have the zip and wear it on my bra in the middle...not noticeable at all.... I LOVE it too!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I have the zip and wear it on my bra or just toss it in my pocket. It's the smallest fitbit and NO ONE sees it. :)
  • kegger1997
    kegger1997 Posts: 74
    Options
    I just got a Jawbone Up (black one) for Mothers Day. So far I love it. The sleep tracker is way cool.

^^^
    this (lol i got mine for moms day too)

totally love it
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have the Ultra (older version w/ sync dock) & I clip it on my bra strap (LOL) since I kept loosing it when I clipped it in my pocket.

I've ordered the Flex, which looks like a silicon bracelet, so that one will be "hopefully" easier to prevent loosing and will look like a bracelet.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I wear a zip in my bra....no one sees it. (Id rather wear it in my watch pocket...but it would get smooshed and maybe scraped off while I work...so in the bra it goes.
  • niightwindz
    niightwindz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have the One. Its so tiny no one notices it no matter where I wear it!
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have the one is very small
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have one of the ones that's a little clip - I think it's called the one or the original fit bit. It is pretty easy to hide by clipping it to your bra strap or the inside of your bra cup. No one can tell I'm wearing it unless I want to check my tdee or steps and I have to go digging around in my shirt to get it out, lol.

I use this one as well, but I don't think that they make it anymore.
  • kekeleeks
    kekeleeks Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one. and it is very easy to hide .... and like someone else mentioned to loose as well. I am on my second fitbit and I feel that is well worth the money. I contemplated getting the flex but I like being able to see my stats on the display and that it sends me little flirty messages. Could not get that with the flex.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit One, love it! I clip it on my belt or on/inside my waistband if wearing shorts with no belt loops. I choose it over Flex because I want to be able to check my status whenever/wherever directly on its screen.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a One and I say this every time it comes up (really the ought to give me a refund since I pitch it so much), but the pros of the one are worth it to me.

Pros:
    1)I can hide it. If I ever had a formal event or work banquet I wouldn't be sitting there in a dress with what looks like a rubber bracelet on my wrist- and I could still get data for the day by hiding it in my bra.
    2)It has a readable display.
    3)The timer function is awesome if you want to get data of walk based work outs. Sort of like a trip odometer.
    4) Stairs/inclines.
    Cons:
    1)Sometimes people lose it.
    2)Sometimes it can be accidently washed.
    3)Occasionally it can be forgotten.
    4)On windy days you get credit for more stairs than you climbed. Today I got credit for 12 floors- I know that I did two.

I've had mine for almost two months and forgot it 1 day- and it was unreal how much I missed having it!

If I was in charge over at Fitbit, I'd just design a wearable wrist band for the one and it would be a setting like the alarm- you could tell it dominant wrist, non-dominate wrist or torso and it calibrate itself accordingly. That would be awesome.
  • karisul1
    karisul1 Posts: 50
    Options
    I have a pink Zip, wear it on my pants everyday and have yet to have someone ask me about it!
  • soulshine23
    soulshine23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks for all of the feedback...
    the one seems to be where i am leaning, in basic black... i need to save some pennies first.

i'll prob. clip it to the inside of my pocket or maybe the inside of my bra, if you really can't see the thing thru clothing.

i feel self-conscious because i am a server at a restaurant, and people LOOK at you. they notice things, and look for things to strike up a conversation, like jewelry or a new haircut, etc., and i just don't want to have this be a topic of conversation. its important that no one sees it :)

the fact is that i most likely really don't NEED it for maintaining/achieving success in this regard, but i am so curious as to what info it will give me. like i said, for me and many others $100 is a lot to spend on a trinket like this. but i want one anyway :)

thanks again!
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I own the FitBit ONE and I chose it because I could conceal it.
    It's small
    It has a readout on it.
    Love it!
    It was so worth the $ for the motivation :-)
    I like the LeaderBoard online feature, very fun!
  • getrealforme
    Options
    I just got a Jawbone Up (black one) for Mothers Day. So far I love it. The sleep tracker is way cool.

I love my UP also. Just looks like your wearing a rubber bracelet. No one thinks anything, and you forget your wearing it. Either the Flex or UP gives you an excellent idea of your TDEE, because you wear them 24/7
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a fitbit one who is a road warrior? I drive a LOT, and lots of short trips, getting in and our of the car (I am a sales rep). I've heard it can get inaccurate while driving.

Thanks!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a fitbit one who is a road warrior? I drive a LOT, and lots of short trips, getting in and our of the car (I am a sales rep). I've heard it can get inaccurate while driving.

Thanks!

My Fitbit One rarely logs any steps when I'm driving.
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

Thanks!

My Fitbit One rarely logs any steps when I'm driving.

OK, great! Thanks for the feedback