Question of the Day

Options
Hey folks! Gotta question for ya. Now I know you should rest when you are sick. I get that. My question is about calories. I have been nauseous since yesterday. Cannot eat much. How do you think that affects the weight loss? Is it going to be just like not eating my calories if I felt good? I mean, I would eat them, but if I do, it won't be a good thing. :sick: Does my body have pity on me because this is of its doing? Am I SOL? What's your opinion?

Replies

• msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    In my humble opinion a day where you're not hungry or nauseous isn't gonna blow your whole plan.
    Try to eat what you can (broth, crackers, rice, bananas etc...) and don't worry about it. Pick up where you left off when you feel better.
    :flowerforyou:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Agree with msbanana. Try broth or crackers, and TONS of fluids, primarily water to make sure you don't get dehydrated while being sick. if you can't eat much, don't worry, it won't kill you. Once you feel better, you may get ravenous; if so, eat more. Your body is goign to have gone X days well under your allotment because of being sick, so don't worry about going over the day you're better; it the way you help your body fuel back up. Just make sure it's healthy foods and you'll be fine.

Feel better soon!
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    Maryann...I say, when you're sick, THAT comes first. I think that goes for illness, injury, near-mental breakdowns...whatever! Get yourself healthy and feeling good, then get yourself back on the plan! Hope you feel better today. :flowerforyou:
  • JoyElizabeth
    JoyElizabeth Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I very rarely get sick - maybe once every 4 years. And so when it hits me, it hits hard. In times when I used to be sick a lot I would live on fruit and vege juice - sipping it cleaned my system and gave me nutrients.

But I was also careful of the type of juice I would drink - I would only make it myself with my press juicer from fresh organic fruit and veg and for every glass of juice I had, I would sip a glass of water to help flush it out. If I was too nauseous I would dilute the juice with filtered water so that it wasn't as strong for my digestive system.

I would also have Ginger Tea with Fresh Ginger, Honey, Pepper and Cardamom in hot water and just sip at it. These things helped to ease the stress on the digestive system and increased the "fire" in my body so that it "burnt" up the germs and allowed me to heal. And like I said, now that I am living my "clean" life, I rarely get sick.

But I also learned to listen to what my body was trying to tell me - most times it was because I was pushing myself too hard and letting myself get run down by day to day life, not taking the right amount of rest, or taking on everybody else's problems - they'd go home fine and I'd feel ill - not the way to handle it.

Hope you are feeling better soon, Maryann.

Kind Regards,

Joy.