Weightloss Body Weirdness...

Options
Hi!!
So strange thing happened this morning and I wanted an opinion. Maybe I just wanted to ***** and get support but either way...
Lets start with a little back story because I'm sure this will be a factor... I've lost 60+ pounds in the last year and eight months. 35 of it (give or take) in the last 5 months. I've always carried my weight fairly evenly and but yes a fair amount through the mid section. If I'm going to get SLIM, I've got about 25 pounds to go...

That said... Let's get to the weirdness.
I was stretching this morning... I was really doing some sun salutations and cat stretches and I ended up on all fours. I was engaging my abs and reached up to feel my tummy. There was something wrong. It's SAGGY. :noway: I was 282 pounds and my tummy wasn't SAGGY!!! Fat, yes, saggy, no. Infact is was saggy in a very strange way. I smooshed my chest out of the way to see what the hell was going on there and my tummy had/has a VERY definate line down the center (I assume from the HOURS of crunches I do) and on either side a saggy line of flab which was hanging down about 2 inches and then to the outside more proof of my crunches. What would be my "pooch" at the bottom of my belly was dented in and wrinkly in the middle where my two saggy flabs met.

1st HOW THE HELL HAVE I NOT NOTICED THIS BEFORE?!?!? This DID NOT show up last night while I was sleeping.
2nd Tell me this will go away and is not some permanent saggy skin flaps that I'm just going to have to deal with... because THAT is UNACCEPTABLE!! :grumble:
3rd Has ANYONE else noticed your fat receeding in strange ways? Do I have more of this to look forward to? :huh:

Replies

• lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    Sorry I have no idea, but I have been wondering the same thing lately. I have lost 50 pounds and I am noticing the same thing on my arms, legs and tummy.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Well, I'm not a doctor... but what we've done is really stretch our skin out, a pretty good distance... which does take time to rebuild that elasticity and suppleness. What you're still seeing is pockets of fat. You're building muscle, burning fat and toning all at the same time. Unfortunately it does take time to repair our bodies. As long as you keep working hard to be healthy, you will continue to notice changes along the way, pleasant and not so pleasant until you really get down into your target weight zone. Even then you'll still see things that need to be worked on. In the end, though you feel these things are unsightly, remember that you're self perceiving yourself and others will view what you see very differently. You've done such a wonderful job, and you are currently doing a great job. Keep going, keep changing and keep getting healthier! You deserve it! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have had a few :noway: moments. Like above-I agree we have abused our bodies and our skin takes the brunt of it. you are young.....and depending on how long you were over weight, and by how how much......you have a good chance of rebounding.

Keep up the good work! Look at the positive parts of your body that have changed for the better and focus on that.....while still working on betterment of the not so good parts.

At my age there is no hope my poor tummy will rebound.........but man I LOVE my legs right now!!!:happy:
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is once you reach your goal weight wait 2 years and see how much your skin shrinks. If there is still some excess you'll most likely need surgery to remove it.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    msb...don't fret about it, bec' most of it will reflect the tremendous work you're putting into yourself.

You'd be surprised how many of us here have similar "saggy flabs" from child-bearing or cheese dip.....mine is from both :tongue:

Love ya girl! You are simply magnificent :wink: