5000 calorie thread update

Options
So I decided to have my ultimate cheat day on Mother's Day. I had:
3 Krispy Kreme donuts (glazed, maple, and eclair)
3 Shrimp spring rolls with peanut sauce
1 10" Dominos Pepperoni and Mushroom pizza
1 McDonalds ice cream cone
1 Mini Oreo travel cup
1 Venti Starbucks Coffee Frap light
11 pcs of Kimbap (Korean sushi rolls)
Small sliver of cake

That was only about 3700 calories and I couldn't eat anymore. I was seriously stuffed and felt sick. In fact, I woke up at 3am feeling nauseous and threw up a lot! I mostly saw pizza in my puke. I still felt sick when I woke up and had a tough time focusing in school cause my stomach was churning. Then I puked a large amount again after school. I had no appetite the entire day and drank only tea with cream and half a banana. The thought of any kind of food grossed me out. All I wanted to do was sleep the pain away. I'm feeling better now and might eat normally tomorrow but that was so horrible to go through. What was happening with my body?

I once had like 4500 calories at Golden Corral (all in 2 hr) and none of this happened. I don't get it.

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

What was happening with my body?

I once had like 4500 calories at Golden Corral (all in 2 hr) and none of this happened. I don't get it.

You're pregnant.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Yeah so why did you even do that?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    It has alot to do with how... calorie dense your food was. Also, if you ate it all at once or throughout the day. A serving (1 plate) of biryani I cook at home is about 750 calories each. When I used to have cheat days, I used to eat about 5-6 plates of those easily + some pudding but

a) it was really calorie dense. Cooked with tons of fatty meat, butter, oil and lots of rice
    b) I ate it throughout the day rather than in 1 sitting
    c) I didn't tried to starve myself the day before in anticipation of it. I ate fewer calories the day before but never starved. For some reason, when I starve the day or the meal before, I don't feel hungry when its feasting time.

I'm glad you enjoyed the grub though :)
  • taunto
    Options

She wanted to have a splurge day. Whats wrong with it?
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I would definitely have not had mini Oreos if I had a splurge day. At least spring for some Double Stuffed.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Seriously do not understand why partaking in unhealthy eating habits like this are an actual goal>
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options

She wanted to have a splurge day. Whats wrong with it?

Nothing spurge days are amazing
    Im shocked that she was ill after it all!
  • taunto
    Options
    Seriously do not understand why partaking in unhealthy eating habits like this are an actual goal>

Yeah I don't get it either. Why actually plan out a nice splurge day which you have once in a great while instead of living on the same meal and same timing and same calories day in and day out. For the rest of your life.

Because that sounds exciting to me!
  • SusanHeinous
    Options
    This is probably a normal reaction to a day of extreme eating after a period of smaller more sensible meals.
    It's not that surprising really.

Although the prolonged nature of your upset stomach may indicate some sort of bug (if you're in the UK, norovirus is everywhere at the moment) or food poisoning.
    Hope you feel better soon.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Wow.
    I feel sick if I eat 2,000 cals in one day. :sick:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options

Yeah I don't get it either. Why actually plan out a nice splurge day which you have once in a great while instead of living on the same meal and same timing and same calories day in and day out. For the rest of your life.

Applause-harry-potter.gif

Amen Taunto
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

very good question....?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

theres nothing wrong with a 'splurge day' but isnt there a difference between that and eating till you feel sick, which is what the OP said.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Why were you aiming for 5000 specifically?
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Why not have a cheat day (not planning your maximum cal goal) and enjoy foods you love, rather than stuffing your face until you feel sick, you should be able to enjoy your cheat days and treat youself
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    1 Mini Oreo travel cup
    Small sliver of cake

That was only about 3700 calories and I couldn't eat anymore. I was seriously stuffed and felt sick. In fact, I woke up at 3am feeling nauseous and threw up a lot! I mostly saw pizza in my puke. I still felt sick when I woke up and had a tough time focusing in school cause my stomach was churning. Then I puked a large amount again after school. I had no appetite the entire day and drank only tea with cream and half a banana. The thought of any kind of food grossed me out. All I wanted to do was sleep the pain away. I'm feeling better now and might eat normally tomorrow but that was so horrible to go through. What was happening with my body?

Why do you want to eat so much that you feel sick. I'm sorry I've said it before but you have a real problematic relationship with food.
  • Joehenny
    Options

There is a difference between a cheat day and specifically gorging yourself on food until you're about to puke. Or why even eat that strict anyways that you have to have a specific day to "cheat" on foods (however the hell that works).
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    What was happening with my body?

This is a classic example of your mind wanting one thing and your body saying "you must be kidding".

It could possibly be food poisoning as someone else said.

However, it could be the case that your body is a self regulating "eco system" and seeks to maintain a stable environment which it feels comfortable within ("homeostasis").

If you forcibly introduce large amount of food which the body perceives to be a threat to the same it will either seek to deal with it and the associated stress and diversion of resources required to do so or in this case physically "throw out" the intruders.

A splurge is fine. A splurge which causes you to be sick multiple times, creates a temporary aversion to food and pain is flat out idiocy.
  • Joehenny
    Options
    1 Mini Oreo travel cup
    Small sliver of cake

Why do you want to eat so much that you feel sick. I'm sorry I've said it before but you have a real problematic relationship with food.

This

This was what my question was referring to. The praise of having a poor relationship with food that is technically a slight case of Orthorexia nervosa....
  • taunto
    Options

There is a difference between a cheat day and specifically gorging yourself on food until you're about to puke. Or why even eat that strict anyways that you have to have a specific day to "cheat" on foods (however the hell that works).

When I was a child, I used to have a fantasy. That theres a tall building. One exactly like that of scrooge McDuck. You know, his gold building. However, instead of gold, this building was filled with french fries rather than gold. And I would swim my way, eating all the fries. I never thought about the oil burning me alive. I wasn't a very bright kid...

However, since in my fantasy I was much richer than Scrooge McDuck, I had a SECOND building. One filled with ice cream!

Oh how I miss my childhood!