Best shoes for Zumba?

Options
mazdauk
mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
I know everyone is different, but I'm really interested in what you all wear for Zumba and what you would prefer!

I'm currently using an oldish pair of New Balance all terrain trainers - I was finding them slightly slippery in certain wet conditions so I thought they would do the job! However, I think i could do with a little more arch support (I have broad feet with high arches) as my left foot in particular is a bit sore today (4 new routines last night) and I sometimes get pain across my foot during the frst couple of numbers. Also the laces sometimes randomy decide to undo.

I've been looking at various dance-type shoes on Amazon, and a couple of the ladies in my class do wear the split-sole style, but I'd really like something I can wear outside too.

My class is in a school hall - not a gym - so the floor is hard but not too slippery.

Any suggestions? Thanks:happy:

Replies

• mazdauk
    Options
    Anyone?:ohwell:
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I wear Asics Gel Kayano 18s, which are my go-to workout sneakers, whether running, walking, circuit training or doing Zumba. I love them. Some of the ladies in my Zumba class put duct tape on the soles of their sneakers for Zumba (because we do it on a mat, which can be a little sticky sometimes with regular sneakers).
  • mazdauk
    Options
    Thanks! We do ours on a hard floor so they are proabbly Ok. Are they waterproof for outside?
  • ThePinkPenguin
    Options
    I use Nike Flex Trainers...they're the same shoes my instructor wears (though I didn't know it until after I bought them!). They're very comfortable, but you should probably go up about half a size since they run narrow. They also make the turning very easy and have pretty much no tread. I went through about 4-5 different pairs of shoes when I first started Zumba, which included some minor ankle pain in the process, and these work like a charm. I'm getting a second pair when I hit my next weight loss goal. Hope you find something!
  • kmc979
    kmc979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    when i was doing zumba i had some ankle pain so i researched and bought nike mystique which are meant for dancing but most of the reviews people were buying for zumba. they hurt my feet so back i returned them. the two different classes i did were at dance studios so hardwood floors. but, there lots of positive reviews for them.
  • mazdauk
    Options
    Thnaks everyone! I want something to work for zumba but still be a useful lightweight outdoor trainer for summer, and i really felt the dance shoes would be a bit of a waste for only an hour or two a week. I'll have a look around.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I used to just honestly use my DC's. I did buy the official Zumba shoes last week, and I have them, and I ADORE THEM! Much better than my trainers. I got the new pair in pink that is on the website. Talk to your instructor. She maybe able to get them for you for 10% off. :-)
  • mazdauk
    Options
    I don't think she wears actual Zumba shoes - they don't have a logo anyway. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Question about Nike flex - there seem to be loads of different types, and my instructor said "don't get running shoes as they are too grippy" - which style has least grip?:huh: