Deflated!

WullieP
WullieP Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Well bit p'd off anyway!

Keeping my daily calories between 1500 and 2000, religiously recording everything. 6 pounds gone in 1st 3 weeks then out of no where 3 pounds back on this week! Not done anything different.

Is this just the way it works and your body does "strange" things while it adjusts to you changing habits?

Replies

• FocusPlease
    FocusPlease Posts: 59 Member
    I think so. Lord knows I've gone up and down a lot. Admittedly, though, I am not a consistent exerciser. I was on Weight Watchers at one time, and I recall them telling us that sometimes it can take a whole week for a "bad" day or week to show up on the scale. did you allow yourself a splurge day that may have backfired? Not done as much exercise one week? The difference between 1500 and 2000 cal is 500--and 500 cal over 7 days is 3500 cal, which is what it takes to gain 1 lb of fat. Maybe you had too many 2000 cal days vs lower ones? I don't know--I'm just guessing and throwing ideas your way. I know how frustrating it can be when you try so hard and the a "blammo" shows up! Good luck, and keep to it! Remember, you HAVE LOST 6 lbs in 3 weeks, which is the higher end of the average recommended rate! : )
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Know the feeling! I lost about 8lbs before I went on holiday. I put a few back on while I was away and in the few weeks afterwards. Now i've started again, doing all the same things I did before the holiday to lose weight, sticking to calorie totals and exercise, and its just not shifting!!!
  • jshadduck
    jshadduck Posts: 1
    If you burn more calories than you take in you HAVE to lose weight. Believe! Stay the course. It works. If you put more water in a glass than it will hold it will overflow, less water than it will hold it will not fill up. It's that simple.Be honest with your calorie intake . Don't give up because of a temporary set back.You will succeed.
This discussion has been closed.