Not enough calories/too much sugars

Options
I'm finding it hard to reach my 1400 a day calorie goal (I've only had a diet oplan on here for a day at time of post but had a differnt one for about 2 weeks beforehand) BUT I can't seem to keep the allowed amount of sugars within the limit. I'm always full with the amount I eat but struggling to find the rights things to eat that don't have that much sugar in them.

I have only just started exercising (last 5 days) adn I'm worrried that the weight wont; shift that well if i don't meet the calorie and sugar targets.

Any tips?

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    alot of ppl have the same trouble as do i

I try not eat cane sugar, so most of my sugar is fruit based

sorry doesn;t help you, just wanted you toknow alot of us in the same boat

as for me, I don't orry about it :)))
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I barely eat cane sugar either which is why it's even more frsutrating! Glad others are the same. I think 'm more worried being under my calorie goal consistently as I don't want my body to 'starve'.
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    MFP has sugar set low. Unless you are diabetic of have another medical reason to cut out sugar, then it doesn't matter that you are going over daily. You can even manually adjust it so the goal is higher.

Just try and stick to natural and unrefined sugars from fruit etc rather than cake etc.
  • ChocoMello
    ChocoMello Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Dont count the fruit sugar in. Just the industriell sugar.
    Almost everyone here who eats a piece of fruit a day is over their sugars when they count the fruit sugar in. ;)

As for calories, try not to eat any low fat things.
    Not too much veggies as they are low in calories. Try adding nuts and avocado and good oils to veggies and salads.
    Eat soms good carbs and nice protein.
    oilier fish is also great!

Maybe for example some nice lasange with fish and nuts?
    Or a big saled with feta and seeds and a nice homemade dressing? Can be anything from 200-800 calories depends on how you do it.
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm ALWAYS over my sugars and it hasn't affected my success in the past.
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's really good to know that I'm not doing anything wrong with my sugars then - I ahve never measured my diet with sugars anyhow, only calories but I was trying to stick to the guide! Well that makes life easier.

ChocoMello - you suggest 'good' carbs. I may be a bit of a dunce here but I don't know which ones are good and which aren't, can you help? I also like your suggestion of avacado etc.