52lbs loss and the pictures that kick started this journey

Options
JulieHume88
JulieHume88 Posts: 15 Member
So today I've finally decided to share two pictures that were the catalyst in this weight loss journey. They were taken in July 2011, seven months after having my daughter and after seeing these I realised I had to do something about my weight. I weighed myself for the first time in a long time and I was a hefty 196 pounds (looking back this absolutely shocks me!!) My weight pre pregnancy was around 168lbs so I had put on 2 stone during and after my pregnancy.

997a9141-56d1-41f0-89d6-f2bdab1dfe48.jpg

After wondering what the best method of weight loss was lots of friends recommended My Fitness Pal and I have never looked back. I set myself mini goals...to lose the amount I'd put on during pregnancy and I managed to do this by November 2011. I had several other mini goals to lose so many lbs by such a time and most of these were achievable.

However after taking a gap year from uni I returned in February 2012 and this put a massive dent in all my focus of weight loss. By March 2012 I had managed to get myself to 157lbs still a great achievement but the stress of exams, dissertation and coursework took there toll and I start pigging out massively! I'd snack during revision, lived off skinny lattes (which really arent that skinny) and comfort ate a hell of a lot to cope with the stress.

I then gave up on the weight loss, I still don't really know why I didn't log in to MFP I didn't count calories I just ate what I wanted and by October 2012 I realised I had to do something again I weighed myself and I'd got myself to 170lbs!!! OMG I was so annoyed with myself, how could I let myself do that that when I had done so well. So I got back on track and within 2 weeks I'd lost 8lbs...however I was stupid I didn't think I needed to count calories anymore..I knew Christmas would be just around the corner and didn't want dieting to ruin all the christmas food I wanted to eat and I maintained a weight of 160lbs right the way through to January.

So were in 2013 still a hefty weight at 160lbs and my new years resolution is to get to 140lbs so I get back on MFP I start working out and the weight just starts dropping off. By May 2013 I am now 144lbs just 4lbs away from my goal giving me a 4 stone loss, something I never thought was possible and I am more motivated than ever!!

I have now decided to have a new goal I want to get to 126lbs by Christmas and I know this is acheievable!! Of course I have my days where I just want to pig out but I am lucky in that I have great support from friends on here on MFP and in my own personal life who help motivate me.

I'm now 2 dress sizes smaller than I was when I started losing weight and I've lost 8 inches from my waist. I've never been happier I'm so much more comfortable with my body and I have never felt like this.

Untitled2.jpg

So here I am now May 2013 a 52lb loss so far with 18lbs to go.

Hope this post helps people who are struggling realise it is possible to lose it even if doesn't seem it!!
Just keep motivated and don't do what I did and give up because if I hadn't I could already be at my goal by now.

I'm always on here providing support to people so if anyone wants to add me as a friend feel free.

Good luck everyone else on your journey

Julie

xxxx

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!