Old Clothes & A Big Thanks

Options
tal202
tal202 Posts: 34 Member
I'm not sure whether this comes under this topic, or if it falls under Motivation or Support at all, or just general waffling really. But yesterday I was trying on clothes for a night out this weekend, and I came across a dress that fitted me well in September last year. Although it wasn't really a surprise, and I have no idea why I tortured myself by trying it one, I found that I couldn't even get the sides to meet over my back. Obviously, this sucks because it is horrid to know you don't fit into clothing, especially as my weight gain hasn't been insane. I'm talking only 5lbs which doesn't seem that dramatic but can apparently make all the difference.

However, my point is that if I had tried the outfit on two weeks ago I would have spent all evening crying my eyes out and probably reaching for the nearest bag of crisps. Instead, I carried on eating my normal, healthy dinner and resolved that I will fit into it by this time next month. I'm trying to lose 10lbs in total (well 8lbs now) which isn't a dramatic amount but it falls within my weight range so I know that it is going to be tough. But thanks to MFP I know that I can do it. I have just got a new job that starts in two weeks so I am joining a gym on Monday and paying the extra for a personal trainer (my 'treat' for a pay rise) and thanks to all you guys and this wonderful site, I know it is only a matter of time before I'm back down to a bikini weight :flowerforyou:

Replies

• happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Well done for keeping such a positive attitude!! You are an inspiration. :smile:

I'm ashamed to admit I had the "crying in a heap on the floor" moment after trying on my favourite summer dress and realising there was no way that zipper was going up...but at least I didn't reach for the crisps either, I hit the gym (damn near killed myself that night over doing it! haha, but have since calmed down.)

It seems from people's comments that the less you have to loose the harder it seems to be - but you already have everything in place to be a total success! Let us know how you get on! - I am sure you will be back in those old clothes in no-time! (And perhaps reward yourself to something special new! hehe) x
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    i love your attitude!!!! From what you've said, i'm totally sure that you'll hit your target. Well done for a really good post! :flowerforyou:
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Congrats on the new job. Your attitude is inpirational. I only want to lose 5 lbs.and the small amount is hard.
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    way to go! It is so easy to fall back into the "poor me" attitude. congratulations on the new job and the great attitude
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    congratulations on the new job and great attitude. very inspirtional!