Exercise for Adrenal Fatigue

Options
VastBreak
VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
Anyone have recommendations for exercise or programs for Adrenal Fatigue?

I'm thinking yoga? Someone mentioned to check into DDP Yoga? Can anyone recommend any other DVD's. Locally yoga is very limited and it is power yoga.

I was told to take a break from 30 Day Shred and C25K and look for non aggressive exercise.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• seajasna
    seajasna Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I walk where there are hills,so you still get toning benefits. I also don't do as much weight training at this time ,light weights and pushups,squats leg lifts etc... All of these work great in moderation. I also take a natural supplement from my chiropractor called Adrenal Dessicated by Standard Process. It has helped me tremendously!!! My doctor diagnosed me with low thyroid and my chiropractor said it wasn't low and that I had adrenal fatigue due to stresses. I was at a plateou for almost 6 monthes and after taking the supplement I lost weight past my original goal.
  • VastBreak
    Options
    Thanks! This is very helpful! Walking locally I get plenty of hills unless I go to the track but that is only a few times a month. This week I get to add in a few short weight sessions, only 5 minutes at a time! the slow and steady strategy is tough!
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Adrenal fatigue is another name for overtraining. The only cure is rest. Depending on how long you have been in that state it might take only a week or two to get back into normalcy or if you have been there a long time it could take many months.

Walking is good. Yoga is probably good also. Any aggressive exercise will only set you back.
  • VastBreak
    Options
    Overtraining, never thought of it exactly like that! Does that mean this has a possibility of happening again once I'm back into the full swing again? Or is this why it was recommended to only start with small bits at a time?
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Overtraining can re-occur. Just take it easy once you're cleared for more strenuous exercise make sure to get minimum 1 day's rest, sleep properly so get 7.5-8 hours/ day, change the workout and so don't train the same muscles every single time. Make it interesting, change it up, make your muscles work differently! Take rest days (1-2/week) Alternate in your training program; so say you go to the gym and lift heavy usually - take a week or two and either do bodyweight workouts OR reduce weights/sets/reps in your program. Instead of running, go for a swim!

Those kinda things