• beverlybw
    beverlybw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I brush my body most mornings before I shower,

http://www.jashbotanicals.com/articles/skin_brushing.html

http://www.vega-licious.com/benefits-of-dry-brushing-your-skin-detox/

my muffin top is becoming smaller

anyone can add me

Love this! Will be trying this out as soon as I buy a brush!
  • beautifuldiskize
    Options
    replying to this so it saves bc i'm not on my laptop.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I suggest you get okay with the reality it is going to happen. It appears you might be around where I started (280lb) in my fat loss journey and we are close in age. I am down to the point that the largest caliper measurement at my gut line is 8mm, and I have a four pack. I did everything I could to hold on to as much muscle as possible throughout the loss process. High Protein diet, weight lifting 5 times per week and enough cardio to get my cardiovascular system in tune. There is some loose skin, not a lot, but I will have two small flaps beside my navel. I made a deal with myself that if I can keep things in check I will go get that cut off. Be happy you are starting now. I have seen pictures of guys after the fact that started at 400lb, and trust me you will have a lot less loose skin. The fact of the matter is your waist line dimension is going to shrink by around 10" or more. My gut dimension (just above waistline) has went from 48" to 35.5". That is a lot, and both of us waited a little too long to do something about it so our skin is not nearly as elastic. You can goop all the crap on you want, but it is not going to change much. My coach (an MD Fitness trainer and fitness competitor) put it this way, "skin can be a tricky thing, it is true. especially on the belly, because even if we added some muscle on to your abs (which takes forever, btw) there is still bound to be some "sag". it will and can get tighter, but if there is extra, stretched skin...well, that is extra, stretched skin. stinks but is true."

Here is the awesome news though. A year ago I would have dreaded getting annual tests done at the doctor. Today I got my test results back and my doctor told me I was dreadfully healthy and even went so far as to jokingly say I should try harder to make some work for him. Cholesterol, triglycerides, EKG and everything else were all average or better than average by a long shot. Last year the picture would have been much different.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Strength training and patience. Still working on the patience part :grumble:

I don't see any loose skin!
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    Hydration, moisturizing, exfoliation, weight exercises, and losing steadily and 'slowly'.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    any tips that have worked for you with loose skin while losing weight

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/933076-is-loose-skin-inevitable-pics-included-sorry
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    any tips that have worked for you with loose skin while losing weight

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/933076-is-loose-skin-inevitable-pics-included-sorry

I am sure you will notice marybole's hubs. Guys like him with a round tummy (hold fat higher) have the best success avoiding loose skin. I have seen a lot just like him that get the perfect abs after. Those of us that have a tummy that overhangs the belt line tend to lead to the most skin issues from all the pics I have seen. You can go onto bb dot com and find oodles of examples in the members bodyspace pages.
  • bushokie
    bushokie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    thank you great tips
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!