General Motors Diet

Options
13»

Replies

• TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    you are not going to lose 10 lbs overnight who ever told you that is a liar....and this is a fad diet. I want real food no pills powders patches or "miracles". Eat balanced and not fanatically. Fads may work here or there but they fail its all an illusion. Gimmicks never work well Eat right and excercise that is the only way.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Why is it called General Motors? Does your butt make noises like a diesel engine? Or maybe your gut cuz you're so freakin' hungry. Weird.

I like Sara's diet. She knows what's up!

Edited for spelling.

If you google it, it says it was created for GM employees and their dependents.

That's completely made up. It doesn't even make any sense. How do people read this stuff and think it's true?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I'd rather defecate to lose weight than try a fad.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I prefer the 'eat at a reasonable caloric deficit and lift some weights diet'

EAARCDALSW diet....not very catchy though.

You can get drops for that
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    You lost ME at "except bananas"
    No way could I go 3 days without bananas ... even with 8 bananas on day 4 :laugh:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I've done these types of fad diets my whole life, and yes I have done this one. They don't work in the long run and you end up get gaining what you lost and more back when you get off them. I'm so tired of the yo yo dieting, and at my age I just don't have the patience for it any more.

Eat healthy, you'll feel better. The better you feel the more you move. The more you move the more you lose. Well any way this is the "fad" I trying now. Hopefully it's not too late for me.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Raspberry KETONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I make the soup and eat it when it gets too late for dinner and need something warm in my stomach. I do not by any means it them every day and at every meal. I only use 2 envelopes of the onion soup and 2 onions. I use lots of veggies: brocolli, coliflower, carrots, celery and cabbage. I make it with veggie broth (unsalted) instead of water. Other than that just not for me.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    G.M.'S Wonder Soup

The following soup is intended as a supplement to your diet. It can be eaten any time of the day in virtually unlimited quantities. You are encouraged to consume large quantities of this soup.

28 oz, Water, 6 Large Onions, 2 Green Peppers, Whole Tomatoes (fresh or canned), 1 Head Cabbage, 1 Bunch Celery, 4 Envelopes Lipton Onion Soup Mix, Herbs and Flavouring as desired.

That soup seems like it's guaranteed to make you retain water, not lose it.

4 packets of onion soup mix? That's 10,000mg sodium. How many servings is a batch of soup?
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Some people REALLY like to be told what to do, don't they? I don't, which is why I get on with mfp: set my own boundaries and fill them as I wish. Why would I need GM to tell me what to do? :noway:
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the Spaghetti O's diet... Eat Spaghetti O's for lunch and dinner but make sure you have a really BIG breakfast in the morning....
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    This diet and soup has been around for years....and years...and years.....Dolly Parton soup it was called when I tried it 30 years ago.........soup is good....
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    This is the Cadillac of fad diets.

Bogus.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Why is it called General Motors? Does your butt make noises like a diesel engine? Or maybe your gut cuz you're so freakin' hungry. Weird.

I like Sara's diet. She knows what's up!

Edited for spelling.

If you google it, it says it was created for GM employees and their dependents.

If the company I work for was to develop a diet plan, it would include lots of beer and coffee. Oh, and Cheez Its.

For my team at work: beer, hard liquor, and cheesecake

Maybe they could get together and form a Cheez Its and cheesecake diet. I could get behind that!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Hmm I had high hopes for this thread. I was hoping it meant I could cook with motor oil. Coolant has a refreshing fruit punch flavor too. Alas.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat healthy and excersise??? And If my employer created a diet program it would definently work. People would starve. I work at a waste water treatment plant. We have plenty of Cake you can eat no frosting though just Cake and some very chocolate smoothies just ignore the chunks.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I worked for GM for a lot of years and the only diet there was the Run to the Vending Machine Diet!!:drinker:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Make sure to pair it with a Diet Coke

KFWHnfW.jpg
  • himasmitha
    Options
    My friend tried this. She lost 12 lbs in a week but all came up within 2 weeks. It doesn't help to lose any body fat.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I'd rather defecate to lose weight than try a fad.

Hey this works, that's how I lost my last 10 lbs. My buddies always told me I was full of it. Guess they where right.
    Had to go to the Doc first though and get my head moved out of the way. Was drinking to much 10w30 straight up.