No Meat

Options
2»

Replies

• crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    The tips above are great! If you want to go slow (that's what I did because I didn't want to waste the stuff I already had), try to start cutting it out of 1 meal per day or 1 day then increase it each week. Peta also has some good tips on their website: http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/making-the-transition-vegetarian.aspx

Make sure you're still getting the nutrients your body needs. I like tofu, so I often use that as a substitute, but you can also use beans, lentils, veggies, seitan, etc. You can also try substituting meatless versions of meat products while you're transitioning as a way to continue making your recipes but making them vegetarian. For example, if you make tacos, use meatless ground (Yves, Lightlife Smart Ground, Tofurkey, etc.) instead of ground beef). It may take a little getting used to, but then again, it may not really be a big deal.

If you want some recipes, feel free to check out my Pinterest board (a lot of the recipes are regular recipes that I sub. vegetarian versions of the ingredients so they might be good for the transition phase): pinterest.com/crista_b/living-the-veg-life/
  • Fay132010
    Fay132010 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i have always hated meat, and it has always made me feel sick so my mum went out and bought me a few veggie cookbooks when i moved out so i could cook myself a variety of healthy meatless meals.