No fitbits ANYWHERE... must be awesome?

Options
jivitasa
jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
So I decided I want the new fitbit, and it's like a 2 month wait. I had no idea they were so hot right now. For those who have one, what do you think? I would love to hear some feedback.

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One. I like it better than the Flex because I have a screen on it that will show me where I'm at for my day. Also it does stairs as the Flex does not. The only reason why I would choose the Flex over the One is that the Flex is waterproof as the One is splash resistant.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Also check out the Jawbone UP. I just got one about a week ago. so far so good. has lots of features.
  • peachyfuture
    peachyfuture Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Amazon? You could have it in 3 days if it's in stock there.
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Amazon? I just checked, and there is no notation of a waiting period. I like mine -- but it flashes these little messages at me "Let's Go!" "You're Awesome!", etc. -- and then it flashes "FALSE." Anyone else have that? Is this gadget blowing smoke up my skirt and then repenting?????
  • shortstuff17
    shortstuff17 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i have the flex, its sweet. i pre ordered mine. it doesnt do stairs no, and it doesnt have a screen as corn63 stated however, with my phone i can bluetooth sync it so tells you your calories burned, steps, and miles with in seconds. throughout the day it has lights that show you your progress on your goal. one dot is 20%, two is 40, etc...i personally like this better than one that goes on your belt or pants. i read reviews that many people lost their one or ultra. i would research it a bit if you are unsure but i love it.
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just got a Fitbit Zip about a month or so ago and I LOVE it! i put it on right when i get up and take it off when I get into bed. It's great knowing how active I am and how many calories i'm burning throughout the day (my TDEE), and also I love all the charts and graphs and stuff in your fitbit account on the website. It's so fun! I love making goals for myself.

My current thing to keep up with is to continue to walk at least 50 miles a week (which i'm doing), and my next is to walk 30,000 steps in one day (so far i've only made it to 25,000!). I didn't get the One because i didn't really care about stairs or sleep tracking.. so i love my Zip, and so far so good! :)
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit One and I love it. I know they are coming out with a wrist model more like the Jawbone but I personally don't think it looks all that great on (and it is less accurate than something attached to your waistband/bra strap.)

I love it for everything it does. It tracks my steps, my food, integrates with MFP very well, and my sleep too. However, no good for yoga or strength training. :)
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Honest appraisal here:

When I first got it I liked it and found it motivating, in that I wanted to beat the previous day's steps/miles. Very quickly though, I found it to be just a fancy pedometer. I could do the treadmill at a 15% incline, or the stairstepper for 30 minutes, and received NO credit for flights of stairs. I often use a large exercise ball in place of a chair at work (for core strengthening) and because I can tend to bounce a little on the chair, I was racking up steps that I wasn't taking. If you sync it with MFP, it tends to give you incorrect calorie burned data (always too much or too little).In my humble opinion, use your money to invest in a nice HRM (Polar is an awesome one). I used my Polar FT4 and the Fit Bit together for 3 weeks and found the calorie burn data was always different...usually fit bit gave me too many.
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I ordered my Fitbit One directly from Fitbit (just 2 weeks ago) and got it in less than a week. I was pretty skeptical about it but decided to give it a shot and it's really awesome!! I would definitely recommend getting one.
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    If you are talking about the new Fitbit Flex, the reviews on it don't sound too promising compared to the other models of Fitbit.
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I went from the Ultra to the Flex..have had a couple days and I like!
    It was a bit disappointing to not have the detailed feedback on-screen, but you can see what rough percentage you have completed, and I sync throughout the day so can check my stats on dashboard.
    I also don't have any stairs to climb, so I won't miss that.
    What I DO like, is that once it's on I can keep it on. I was notorious for setting the Ultra down and forgetting where I put it. Or it fell behind something. Or I left it in a pocket. The Flex I put on and forget about it except to charge every few days.
    Being able to wear in the shower, at the beach, in the pool, all big pluses!
    Edit: I use the FitBit for my daily activity, and use a Polar HRM during workouts and running.
  • AJL437
    AJL437 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I bought the Ultra off eBay for $50 and I love it. It shows steps, stairs, mileage and little cheerful messages. It's small enough to fit in my bra. I highly recommend it.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but what exactly is a "fitbit"? All I see online are links to ecommerce sites for it. What does it do? Does it actually tell you your tdee for the day?
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Have you tried BestBuy ? They were the first place to start selling them.
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've had my Fitbit One since Christmas and LOVE IT. In fact, I love it so much that I immediately replaced it when I lost it on a drunken night in February ;)

It does keep me very mindful of my activity levels and calories burned. I use it to track sleep as well. My favorite feature is the silent alarm, which is very customizable and is much preferred to the blaring sound of a traditional alarm.

The Fitbit Flex and Jawbone are neat in theory, but I don't like wearing things on my wrist all the time. The Fitbit One does slip into a soft sleeve that I wear at night, but wearing the rubber thing on my arm during the day is not appealing. As corn63 stated, the One gives you the ability to look at the screen to see your progress quickly.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi there I have the FB One and luv it. I am a desk jockey and it keeps me within my limits when I don't workout. The sleep function is cool but I'm geeky like that. lol Check out the MFP FB group if you need more info. Try Best Buy that's where I purchased mine.
  • Horsezee
    Horsezee Posts: 22
    Options
    They're good, except for when you're in the car and it keeps counting steps you're not taking.
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Ultra and absolutely love it!!! My mother-in-law, sister, and my mother all have one and love it so much! I use mine all the time and keep it clipped to my bra. I would not trade it for the flex as I LOVE the fact that it counts flights of stairs. I can also use it to track my sleep. Love it!
  • peachyfuture
    peachyfuture Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Def get it from Amazon
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    If your talking about the Flex - everywhere seems to be "pre-ordering" or backordered.

Best dates I found were this month, between 5/17/13 & 5/25/13 (heartratemonitors.com / heartratemonitorsUSA.com)

Even FitBit's home site has a 6-8 week backorder,
    Brookstone was shipping by the end of the month.
    Best Buy has it but won't let the order go thru due backorder,
    Amazon & Ebay are charging STUPID amounts - like almost twice the price.

I went thru HeartRateMonitorUSA.com - got free shipping & found a coupon code for $5 off, plus I've dealt with them before (nice company good shipping times) they take PayPal and CC's. They are supposed to ship by 5/25/13.