T25-New Beach Body Program

Options
For those who have done other Shaun T workouts, what do you think of the new T25 that is coming out? Will you give it a shot? I love Insanity, Asylum 1 and Asylum 2, I just don't know if I can buy into this. 25 mins really isn't that long to get a really good workout in. My feeling this is for people that don't want to put in the time and do a full workout...

Thoughts...

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/focus-t25-workout.do

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    .... I just don't know if I can buy into this. 25 mins really isn't that long to get a really good workout in. My feeling this is for people that don't want to put in the time and do a full workout...

This is sort of insulting. 25 minutes is plenty of time for a good workout, if one puts in the work. Most of my weight workouts are done in 25 minutes or less, and I put in a lot of effort. Also, depending on the length/intensity of my run, I can be done in 25 minutes. Longer doesn't necessarily = better for a workout.

I don't really know a lot about Shaun T's work outs, I have done some Hip Hop Abs cardio, and it was pretty intense, so maybe this is too, who knows.
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I will be interested to see this new program too. I hear it is non stop so 25 min may be a good work out. I agree, its hard to imagine getting as much of a work out as we are used to with Insanity, Asylum or P90X. The good thing is we can give it a try and return it if it isn't what we like...that's the great thing about BB products :)
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    .... I just don't know if I can buy into this. 25 mins really isn't that long to get a really good workout in. My feeling this is for people that don't want to put in the time and do a full workout...

This is sort of insulting. 25 minutes is plenty of time for a good workout, if one puts in the work.

Sorry didn't mean to be insulting. I was comparing it to a workout like Insanity in 25mins as they are advertising. I agree 25mins you can get a decent workout in. Generally when I go running it's for 25 mins and I have great burns.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Looks craptastic
  • melzielkie
    melzielkie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Looks craptastic

I'm not quite sure why some people are so negative towards BeachBody products... I know for a fact they work and millions of people seem to agree!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Save yourself a few hundred ( I am assuming price as I did not go to the site ), and go do some sprints or hill runs.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Will it basically be Pure Cardio from Insanity over and over?
  • patrickblo13
    Options
    Will it basically be Pure Cardio from Insanity over and over?

I am sure it will be a lot like Pure Cardio with no breaks. But Asylum has very little breaks and the workouts are longer so for me personally I feel like it would be step backwards
  • Marsha_S
    Marsha_S Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind giving this a try...I like Insanity but due to my schedule would prefer something shorter. So we'll see when it comes out.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I just don't know if I can buy into this. 25 mins really isn't that long to get a really good workout in. My feeling this is for people that don't want to put in the time and do a full workout...

Ha, ha. Well, some companies are making a killing on the short workout method.
    Beachbody - 10 minute trainer
    Jillian's Body Revolution
    JNL Fusion
    Jillian's Ripped in 30
    I'm sure there are others.
    I think Beachbody is going after the folks who don't want to workout 45 mins+.
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

This is sort of insulting. 25 minutes is plenty of time for a good workout, if one puts in the work. Most of my weight workouts are done in 25 minutes or less, and I put in a lot of effort. Also, depending on the length/intensity of my run, I can be done in 25 minutes. Longer doesn't necessarily = better for a workout.

I don't really know a lot about Shaun T's work outs, I have done some Hip Hop Abs cardio, and it was pretty intense, so maybe this is too, who knows.

LOL, join a goPerformance class and tell me 25 minutes is not enough....I bet you will change you mind. Just sayin.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I want to look into it a bit more before I buy. I want to know how many different workouts there are and how long the program is. I like the results I've gotten from Insanity (finishing round 2 on Saturday) but spending an hour or more 6 days a week is a bit much while working full time and trying to start a business. I'm getting a treadmill to start C25K (I live in the south, I am NOT running in 100+ degree weather) after I finish Insanity but I'm already looking into what to do after that.
  • amayarnell
    amayarnell Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    knowing shaun t, i think it will be a brutal *kitten* burner. he doesnt promote crappy workouts and seems like a genuine person... if he is putting his name on this program, i KNOW it will be good. i will be trying it out this summer...
  • naaradou123
    Options
    Hi people!!
    Thought you guys would want to see it for yourself! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2sPEgwLtUg
    Enjoy :)!!!
  • klcalliari
    klcalliari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Directly from an interview with Shaun T
    So there is a difference between this and Insanity

"What’s the ONE thing that sets FOCUS T25 apart, Shaun?

This 25-minute workout is jam-packed with everything you need to get an amazing workout with minimum equipment. It’s not overwhelming.

A lot of people think because it’s me it’s going be like INSANITY®, high intensity interval training—but really, it’s “progressive training.” Just when you think your body can’t take it anymore, I drop down the intensity level, but still focus on the muscle group we’re working on. No nonsense. No rest. Just results.

Does FOCUS T25™ have a modification option?

Yes. A lot people have said “I love working out with you, but I wish I had a modifier.” I made sure this workout has one: Tania. She’s very popular in the Insanity world. She just had a baby, and lost the baby weight with FOCUS T25. She’s someone that people can follow if they’re new to working out, and still get amazing results.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    that You Tube video looks amazing! I work full-time, have 2 very busy kids and a very active life. 25 minutes 5 x a week suits me just fine and if I can get the results those people in the test group got, well count me in!!!
  • patrickblo13
    Options
    I don't know if I can buy into this yet...I guess I will have to wait and see...

BTW...does Shaun T look like he has slimmed down since the Asylum's?!?
  • slpanella
    slpanella Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of the program and let me tell you, it is super intense! I recently finished my 2nd round of Insanity so I'm no stranger to the instensity of Shaun T's workouts. This one does DELIVER! The point of this program is to FOCUS for 25min and you will get the benefit of an hour long program. My floors are covered in SWEAT after 25 minutes so I know I'm working hard.
  • Hopester312
    Hopester312 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First five weeks I lost 8 inches doing T25 up 2.6 lbs (muscle). Only 1/4 thru beta and I have lost those 2.6 lbs. I will take it. This program is awesome! Even if it is only 25 minutes a day! Nutrition is the key to this as well ppl!!!
  • dagamier
    Options
    So how are you guys tracking your exercises in the Calorie Counter app? I had a friend of mine who's been using the app version of the site to track what they do, and it seems like an awesome app in that it tracks a LOT of foods that we eat but know we shouldn't, it just doesn't seem to have any way for me to enter my P90X, Insanity workouts so that I can get my calorie counts and know what my net intake/output is and know i'm doing all the right things.