Worrying about excess skin

2»

Replies

• gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Hi, I have lost a lot of weight and am much older than you! I have gone from an english 20-22 to a 10-12.
    I have found that during 6 months of maintaining my weight and working really hard in the gym that the places with loose skin are the least toned places. My arms and and legs are very toned and look fine - not perfect, but good, and I am enjoying wearing sleeveless tops for the first time in my life and will wear a bikini this summer (not a tiny one!!) My tummy is the worst and after discussion with my trainer, I am going to lose a bit more weight to add definition as well as working like crazy to tone my middle area.

I do the usual things lots of water, moisturising using skin firming cream and lots of toning exercises. I have also heard that the skin will renew itself somewhat over the next 18 months so that should also help. I agree that you should start doing toning work now if you haven't (muscles will give the skin a little lift and something to hang off.)

It is impossible to say how you will be affected, however I promise you that it won't be as bad as you think. You will be so delighted by the change in your shape and the way your body looks with clothes that you won't mind as much that it still isn't perfect without.

Best Wishes,
    Gail x
This discussion has been closed.