Some Serious Frustration....

MyKidzMom
MyKidzMom Posts: 97
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay so I will admit it....I have not been logging my weight on here because it keeps going up and down. When I weighed earlier this week to begin the 10lbs in 10 weeks at work the scale said 214.8. Today it says 209.0. I spoke with the nurse and she said maybe it was the different clothes I was wearing or the difference in the time of day, but that was still a big variation. Any ideas?

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    My suggestion is only weigh yourself once a week or you will go crazy.
    I weigh myself on Monday mornings right after I get out of bed.
    And that is the only time that I weigh myself until the following Monday.
    Steph
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    At your weight, its very normal in the begining to loose BIG.

When I was a kid, my parents sent me to fat camp (I was one of the thinnest girls- for the first time in my life!) and I would get so upset because the kids that weighed more lost more, and much faster.

In 2-3 weeks it will slow down. When you loose that much so quickly, it is usually water weight and the shock of a new routine.

Also, you should weigh yourself first thing in the morning after your first time in the bathroom, before you eat or drink anything. That will give you the most accurate weigh in.
  • curlygirl71
    curlygirl71 Posts: 15 Member
    Could be the time of day and what you've done so far in the day. Never weigh after a workout as your muscles are primed and heavy.

I weigh in with my doctor every Wednesday morning. I wear the same thing each time so I know there can be no flucuation due to what I have on. Also, I don't weigh myself any other time than once a week. I find I obsess too much about the number if I look at home and can get too easily discouraged and slip from my good habits.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Thats what I was going to say.
    Just pick 1 day a week to weigh yourself. Do it right away in the morning after you wake up and pee. Try to wear the same type of outfit. ( I wear just a sports bra and light shorts) .
    Also weigh yourself on the same scale each week. Because they do run differently.

I know it's hard to only weigh urself 1x/week, but I used to weigh myself daily, and my water weight fluctuated so intensely, it drove me insane! Try it for next week, and see how it goes. Then you can start charting your losses again!
  • leg8
    leg8 Posts: 49
    I would suggest buying a tape measurer and measuring your progress that way, instead of by weight, as weight measurements on a scale count water, muscle, and bone mass weight all together. Also, buy a body fat scale if you want to see changes in body composition. Often times I'll see a body fat percentage decrease and a muscle percentage increase simultaneously, resulting in no weight change, but I still notice a difference in the way I look. Good luck!
  • MyKidzMom
    MyKidzMom Posts: 97
    At your weight, its very normal in the begining to loose BIG.

When I was a kid, my parents sent me to fat camp (I was one of the thinnest girls- for the first time in my life!) and I would get so upset because the kids that weighed more lost more, and much faster.

In 2-3 weeks it will slow down. When you loose that much so quickly, it is usually water weight and the shock of a new routine.

Also, you should weigh yourself first thing in the morning after your first time in the bathroom, before you eat or drink anything. That will give you the most accurate weigh in.

I have been doing this for a while now though....that is the reason for the frustration.
    Maybe its the fact I normally do weigh myself at 10:30am after I come outta the fitness room at work?
    Thanks all for the suggestions....I will weigh myself once a week in the morning right when I get to work and try to wear the same thing if not something similar. And I have purchased a measuring tape so I will start that too.
    Ya'll are the best!
This discussion has been closed.