Please help me to know I'm not crazy.

Options
daniellemm1
daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
I am 5 feet 1 inch and weigh 224lbs and 36 years old. MFP has me at 1200 calories which has been working as I have lost 36lbs on it. I feel like maybe it is time to look into the TDEE-20% method as my weight loss has slowed/stalled. I have a desk job but I exercise (moderately) 6 times per week for about an hour each time. Does 1600 sound like the right amount of calorie intake? I'm freaking out a little about upping my calories 400 and dont want to end up gaining weight. What do you guys think?

Replies

• ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    your deficit seems huge at 1200 calories..if your weight loss has stalled at this much of a deficit your body may be retaining water. you should take 1or 2 days off and refeed (maintenance calories or a little higher: high protein, high carb, minimal fat) and you should notice your body releasing the stored water. After that increase your calories to at least 1300-1400 and see how you feel. if you start to stall again (assumig you dont use cheat meals) do a refeed and slowly increase calories. I lift 3x a week and im 144 and i cant imagine eating 1200 even on rest days and being able to survive.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    1600 sounds fine, that's still not a massive amount!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    1600 seems right to me. Try increasing your calories slowly, about 100 extra calories a week, if you're worried about it. That will give your body time to adjust to the new plan.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)