On my way to Disney!

Options
So my best friend and I just booked our trip to Disney and we leave in 90DAYS!

I want to (hopefully if its realistic) lose 30lbs before I go. I currently weigh 240.

Does anyone have any advice on a good program to use? How did you do it? C25K?, Jillian Michaels Body Revolution? P90x?

I'd love some advice on what workout I should do along with MFP!

Replies

• NicolexJones
    Options
    Anyone? :(
  • Disneynut
    Disneynut Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Looking at losing over 2lb a week is going some, only suggestion is combine the calorie deficit with exercise and ensure if you are using the MFP method, eat back your exercise calories (but beware the calories granted by MFP for exercise,they are excessive, I use a HRM to monitor calories expended)

I cannot comment on 30D shred, but some of my MFP friends really rate it, P90X looks very hard, so unless you are already reasonably fit, you may struggle to stick with it, but again the results look something else !!!.

Best of luck on getting the weight off :happy:
  • NicolexJones
    Options
    Thank you! Thats great advice!
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think 20 lbs is achievable - not sure about 30. If I was going to WDW or DL, my goals would include walking regularly to get ready for the parks. WDW involves a ton of walking and standing so make sure you have good shoes. I'd also want to be prepared to make sensible food choices and would be researching the options. Be sure you are well hydrated before your go and drink tons of water while you are there.

I'm leaving on a Disney cruise in two months and I'm hoping to lose 10-12 more lbs. I've already lose 10 in the last 6 weeks. I really want to make sure that I don't diet and exercise so much in the weeks right before that I am worn out and starved when I hit the ship.

Have a great trip!
  • baybeecakes08
    baybeecakes08 Posts: 107
    Options
    dont ahve any advice on losing the weight but i am also going to disney. in about 60 days :) trying to lose some more weight before i go so i wont be embarassed to take pictures !!
  • Allurehoneyb
    Allurehoneyb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anything is achievable that you put your mind to and stick with it! My friend started working out in January and she lost 30 lbs in 4 months. Even if you don't make it to 30 lbs...any weight loss will make you feel amazing! Zumba is a great calorie burner, running (even if you start off with a walk/jog), and make sure to lift weights! Workout 5-6 times a week, do at least 40 minutes of cardio a day, and you will see changes immediately. The main important thing besides working out...do your best to EAT RIGHT! Remember...1 unhealthy meal will not make you fat, just like 1 healthy meal will not make you skinny, but you don't want to waste all your time working out on that one cheat meal or snack. Start today and drop the weight in no time!! And no matter how you feel...if you are tired, discouraged....WORK OUT even if it's 30 minutes!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Sounds like you've got a lot to lose, so 25-30lbs in that time may be reasonable if you're dedicated. If you don't get there, don't be disappointed - you'll still have a good time.

Log everything. Weigh and measure everything so you log accurately. Stick to your calorie goals and don't go over, but eat back your exercise calories. Don't cheat yourself and overestimate your exercise by logging frivolous things like polishing doorknobs. Be honest with yourself and stick to your goals - you'll lose weight.

Exercise-wise, just do something you enjoy. Zumba's fun. A lot of people like 30DS, P90X, and Turbojam. Or maybe you just want to walk (or run). Just find something you like so you'll be encouraged to do it every day. Resistance training is also important so you don't lose muscle mass while losing weight - circuits like 30DS incorporate it, or you can lift weights. Weight lifting will do the most for turning your body into the end product you want. Just be aware the scale will move more slowly due to water retention... Take measurements and progress pics instead of relying completely on the scale.

Good luck and have fun!
  • krisjohnson121
    krisjohnson121 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I am also planning to go to disney but my trip is a little further.

Good Luck with the 30 lbs! It is is a lofty goal and I wish the best for you. I am doing the C25K - treadmill version. I just started the week 2 workouts. Week 1 went great I did the first week 2 workout today and it kicked my butt. I don't know if it was the workout or that I think I am sick - I am hoping that the next workout won't be as tough. I will send you a friend request - if you go with the C25K than we can compare notes.

Good Luck!
  • cgirlygirl
    cgirlygirl Posts: 49
    Options
    I am sure you will have a great time no matter what and there is some great advice here.

I am currently using C25K and lifting! Don't be afraid to pick up some weights! It is a great workout and will help you build lean muscle.

Good luck!
  • tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If you haven't all ready, buy a good pair of sneakers! You'll need them for Disney anyway. Also, I have Insanity, but can't do the workout consistently because of all the jumping. I started Martial Arts training in January. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I have lost a ton of inches. The biggest thing is I really look forward to going to class. Find something that you become known for...some people are runners, walkers, Zumba, ect. It's got to be a way of life or you won't maintain it.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Disney is GREAT!!! love it we are going again in November. As for dropping the weight Jillian is good, Zumba is the best I think anyway, please don't focus on the scale to much you could lose inches and the scale not move. Just eat healthy and do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. Enjoy your self in Disney.....
  • lovejesusword
    lovejesusword Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here is what I would do! Use MFP of course, set to lose 1.5 pounds a week. Stick to it, but don't record your exercise. But exercise of course! Walking is fine if that is what your body is up to! You want to do something you can be consistent with. The Couch to 5K program is GREAT, but you don't want to get overly ambitious and not be able to exercise on a regular basis. The other thing I would do is eat so that your body can best use what you are giving it. Carbs and fats give us energy. Eaten together in the same meal, they can't be used effectively so the extra is stored as fat. Change up your meals. If you are feeling like carbs (but avoid wheat and potatoes anyway), then make it a lower in fat meal. If you are feeling the need for some fats, go ahead, but make that meal lower in carbs. Eating this way has helped me lose weight faster because my body is using the energy I am giving it more effectively. I avoid wheat, sugar...even most fruits except berries because they are high in sugar, especially bananas. A GREAT filling snack is a cup of plain (yes, bare with me!!) Chobani greek yogurt with no fat, a couple of Stevia sweeteners and fresh raspberries mixed all up. Filling. Low fat, a little higher carb. Delicious!!
    Good luck!!!
    We love Disney!!
  • NicolexJones
    Options
    Even if you don't make it to 30 lbs...any weight loss will make you feel amazing!

TOO true :) I love that you said this!
  • shanniepk
    shanniepk Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh, I LOVE Disney. Have been to WDW three times and it is so unbelievably magical (one of the benefits of living in FL). You can exercise all you want and finding a good exercise plan is important, but if weight loss is your goal, journaling everything you eat and taking your caloric intake down to 1200-1300 calories (women) a day will be your best best. Try to stay low in the sugar areas ( 30 grams) and stay away from white starchy food that will turn into sugar. Leans meats, fish, veggies, (as much unprocessed foods as you can) Combine that with a good walking routine since you will need to get those muscles in shape for Disney anyway (LOL). If you want to try a good workout routine, make sure it is something you like right away or you are not likely to stick with it. Personally, I like to join classes to be with a group because it is more motivating to me. Can your friend go with you? Accountability always helps too. Looks like there are a lot of challenge groups on the boards.

Your weight loss is achievable, and be proud of any progress you make. Most of all, enjoy Disney, the most magical place on earth.
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The first time I did WW, I did the flex points program and lost between 3 and 5 pounds every week except maybe 2 in a 3-month time span. I wish it was coming off that fast now:(