Best App for Weight Loss? (Besides MFP)

Options
dxtra30
dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
Besides MFP what app are you using to assist with weight loss?

Replies

• makeupmuse10
    Options
    Gym Pact...It keeps me accountable for working out...And I also use Run Keeper to connect with my Gym Pact app so I can run outside. It track my times and distance really well!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    nike has a really great training app. it is amazing and super hard and you WILL SWEAT HARD for the 30 min you do it. you get lots of achievements and stuff.
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Fitocracy is pretty awesome. Has an app for the phone as well as web access. It's kind of like a game where you earn points for your workouts. A good deal for those with a competitive spirit.
  • Peazwithin
    Peazwithin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a border collie-jack russell terrier mix puppy! (A border-jack for short) Lots of energy, smart in a tiny, tiny package. Needless to say she has to be walked (a lot) to ger the energy out every day! I use myfitness walk app, you can use my fitness run or dog walk but this app tracks your miles and um, stuff! I find it very useful and am able to track whether we walk three miles a day (base goal) or not!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I like Digifit and I have a fitbit so I like their app as well, other than that my favorite is my Zenlabs C25k app.
  • kristafb
    Options
    I have a border collie-jack russell terrier mix puppy! (A border-jack for short) Lots of energy, smart in a tiny, tiny package. Needless to say she has to be walked (a lot) to ger the energy out every day! I use myfitness walk app, you can use my fitness run or dog walk but this app tracks your miles and um, stuff! I find it very useful and am able to track whether we walk three miles a day (base goal) or not!

after I posted I saw your post!! My dog, Sam (the one in the picture) is a border collie/Jack russell mix as well. and you described him exactly, smart & energetic! Hes 7 now so a bit slower, thank goodness, but smarter than me on a good day.
  • torymichaels
    Options
    FitBit for my FBOne, Runtastic (not real thrilled with it the one time I used it) and I like what I see in MapMyWalk for tracking length of my walks.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I like Digifit and I have a fitbit so I like their app as well, other than that my favorite is my Zenlabs C25k app.

Thanks. I'm always looking for good fitness apps - Digifit sounds like a good one for me. I need something to track my indoor cardio as well as outside.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Fitbit

God bless,
    Karen
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Strong Lifts 5x5 for iPhone. Keeps track of my weight lifting sessions: which lifts to do on which day, how many reps to attempt, how many I complete, and how much weight to use for each lift. Very handy.
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I use GymPact to get me to go work out and it really works!

I also use apps that connect to my Fitbit like WeightGrapher and Welly.

www.healthmonth.com not an app but its a game. You set your own rules and stick by them.
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyWalk to track my miles and speed when I walk my 2 y/o Australian Shepherd and WeightRecord to track my daily weights (I am a daily weigher). I've downloaded but haven't used the C25K app. I want to learn to run!
  • Aerosam
    Aerosam Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a 10k in September, having never even jogged at all, ever, and use runtastic PRO.

£2.99 for the app and no further subscription required, voice feedback in the headphones is very clear and helpful, fully customisable to what you do and dont want to hear, it can track a huge range of fitness activities, and on days like to day when its pouring with rain, i can also manually enter my treadmill workout really easily and it all syncs with MFP too.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    MapMyWalk and JeFit.
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have MapMyWalk and MapMyFitness and prefer MapMyFitness. I had downloaded so many other apps that I never used. Once I found MapMyFitness I just stuck with it.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    map my run - to pre-map runs
    runmeter - to track miles, pace, and calories during a run and to keep my run history
    ibody fat calculator - to track body fat percentage and bmi
    tactiohealth - to chart weight fluctuations
    bodymedia - to track my daily calorie burn, activitly level goals, and steps taken from by bodymedia link

I also like the daily inspirational emails from CalorieCount.
  • kristafb
    Options

Thanks. I'm always looking for good fitness apps - Digifit sounds like a good one for me. I need something to track my indoor cardio as well as outside.

You can hook digifit up with MFP as well & your workouts go under the exercise tap without having to log them :)
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I use runtastic for outdoor running but have found that sometimes (especially if I'm running on my treadmill) it doesn't log anything except time. (no pace, distance or calories burned) It seems like the calorie count might be a bit high on runtastic but I don't eat back all my burned calories. Their screen set up is very user friendly and it does automatically add to MFP.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I use QuickLog.me to keep track of my weight trends, I have the FitBit app for my FB One and I use Endomondo for when I go walking.
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great suggesstions! MFP people always coming thru :)