New and have some questions

Options
AmberA219
AmberA219 Posts: 27 Member
Hi! I'm new here and I'm looking to lose 20 lbs by the end of summer. I am 22 5'7 and currently weigh about 160 lbs. Yesterday I did my first food diary entry and found it to be very eye opening. However, when I finished for the day, it told me that if every day were the same, I'd lose 149 lbs in 5 weeks! Now, I didn't starve myself yesterday, and I got some exercise in. So I know that can't be right. I'm not really sure what the problem is, but if someone can take a look at my diary and give me some suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

Replies

• dhuhn01
    dhuhn01 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm kind of new too, but it looks like you only had 500 calories yesterday. One sandwich and a couple of snacks, is that all you had to eat? That's all that is showing up. So, yeah, at that pace you would lose a lot of weight, and it would not be healthy to do it like that. Hopefully, you ate more than that and it's just not showing up for some reason. If so, just try re-entering the other meals. Good luck!
  • AmberA219
    Options
    Weird, that's from this morning. I'm still finishing the sandwich lol. Yesterday, I skipped breakfast and had a salad for lunch and lasagna for dinner, plus fruit as snacks in between. I also exercised enough to burn about 400 or so calories.
  • ProMooch
    ProMooch Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It more likely said that you'd weigh 149lbs in five weeks, not that you would lose that much in five weeks. Go complete the day again and double check what it says. Btw I haven't check your diary.
  • Etienne54
    Etienne54 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Your calories intake from yesterday seems ok to me. If you can keep it near the recommended calories it'll be perfect.

Also try to decrease your sodium intake to below 2500. It'll help your weight loss and health in general
  • AmberA219
    Options
    Oops! You're right, it says I'd weigh 149 in five weeks. Must've read it wrong last night. Well, I set my goal to lose 1 1/2 pounds a week. Is that healthy? I have never tried keeping a food journal and I I've never really dieted either. I get bursts of motivation to exercise, but I usually end up giving up after awhile. I'm hoping that using MFP will help me to stay on track and finally lose the weight!
  • Etienne54
    Etienne54 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    1.5 lb / week is fine, as long as you're feeling good about it!
  • ProMooch
    ProMooch Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly no expert and have only been doing mfp for 30 days, i personally feel that setting my goals at 1lb a week is a way of easing myself into things as it's all new for me still and i'm learning a lof from it.
  • AmberA219
    Options
    Yes, 1 lb a week is probably the best way to go, but I'm impatient! I've never had a flat stomach my whole life, I've always had a little pooch and I want it to go away. Does anyone know any tricks for burning fat from that area quicker?