30 Day Shred + Killer Buns and Thighs Running?

Options
Okay, starting today I'm going to be doing the 30 Day Shred (I started before but stopped after a short while) and Killer Buns and Thighs for six days a week (one full day resting at home doing nothing apart from eating healthily) with 20 minutes of jogging afterwards.

My question is if that would help me run faster or fast for a longer period?
I want to get rid of the fat on my thighs and get rid of some stomach fat, would I see change?

Replies

• ceruleanflower
    Options
    Or should I be having more than one day of rest a week?
    I've seen some other results from other people (images and measurements) but never saw if it help them run faster.
  • athybaby
    athybaby Posts: 7
    Options
    I've heard people say that they've gained endurance, which in-turn helps with their running, but nothing about time specifically. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt, though.
  • lottylulu1969
    lottylulu1969 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump for later,interested in other coments
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You want to do all 3 - 6 days a week? That seems like a lot to me. I've completed 30DS and am working on KBT right now. However, I didn't do them at the same time. I have a bunch more endurance now than I did before either video, but I'm not a runner so I have no idea if they will help with speed.
  • mnstrpc
    mnstrpc Posts: 109
    Options
    IMHO, 30 Day Shred is great for general toning/cross training; it's not going to help you with running faster or running longer.

The only way to run faster, the old saw goes, is to run faster. The only way to run for a longer time, is to go for longer runs. :) I'm really not trying to be facetious. Generally, what will have the greatest impact on how long or how fast you can run is going to be your running workouts, not what you do to cross-train. I run 4-5 days/week and cross train the other days and I do find cross-training those couple of days is valuable in that it helps tone the rest of my body (not just legs) and also by making sure that I'm working various muscle groups, helps me to avoid injury from running/over use.

I think cross-training will help you to see quicker results on your stomach and thighs.

If you want to work on running faster or longer, though, you'd need to focus on those kinds of workouts. So you might begin to try some very basic speed training on your runs (google fartlek) and for endurance you might try one longer run per week --4 miles, 5 miles, 6 miles to start, whatever is the longest you can run. You can also go by time so if 30 minutes is normally how long you run for on a given day, take one day a week to go longer and try 35 minutes at first, then 40, etc.