Hardest time of day to fight temptation

Options
For me, it's right after lunch (like right NOW). I would love a bit of chocolate or some cake......

:grumble:

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Same time for me, especially when it's a coworkers birthday today and there is a huge delicious looking vanilla cake out on the break room table.

If I can't see it, it's not there....so I am avoiding the break room for the rest of the day and I'm hugging my water bottle.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It's night time for me. I work all day, then get home at 5 to cook and clean for the kids and husband, and t hen when I finally have time to sit down and relax, I can eat everything in sight. When i am super busy at work, I can go the entire day without eating (having only a coffee) and then eat for an hour straight when I'm home. I'm trying to eat more throughout the day and cut myself off at 8 pm now though.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    between 1 and 4
  • lizzietecson
    Options
    Night time.
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Between dinner and bedtime. Not made any easier by the fact we now have dinner an hour earlier.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I get super hungry around 3 pm and crave food to fill me up.

In the evening, I get cravings for chocolate, but it's more about comfort food than hunger.
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    For me it's later in the evening, usually when i'm catching up on a tv show or reading. That's when I get the urge to snack.
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Usually I get a snack attack between the time I get home from work and when dinner gets done....
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Between dinner and bedtime. Not made any easier by the fact we now have dinner an hour earlier.

Same here, I start craving random things after dinner before bed. I literally have to lay myself down in order to not raid the fridge or pantry
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Not time of day per say but the weekends are the hardest for me temptations wise. And the time when I get home from work and I have to prepare dinner. This is when I want to snack like crazy, or do lots of tasting of the foods that I am making for dinner.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    right now, when i'm so sleeeepy
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm a 1-2 pm person I could eat everything!
  • keithf1138
    keithf1138 Posts: 63
    Options
    Right after I get home from work. Usually about 4PM. To early for dinner, but the change of pace makes me want to snack. Then lessor extent the last hour or 2 before I go to sleep.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    right now, when i'm so sleeeepy

I find it hard to fight temptation when you get sleepy too.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    around 4pm :/
  • gp72dpr
    gp72dpr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Late at night when I get tired.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Lunchtime on work days (T,W,Th). I eat with my co-workers in the cafeteria, and I'm bored with the salad bar (it's been exactly the same stuff for years). So I tend to get things like quesadillas and chicken caesar wraps. What I really wish is that I had a stove here so I could sautee some spinach and garlic and eat it on flatbread or in a wrap.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i'd have to say night time for me...i'll usually make a tea just to keep my mouth busy (sorry if that sounded crude)...when im watching a movie or just a favorite tv show...i'll admit, i sometimes give in BUT usually im very good
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Usually night times, but it caught me unawares this morning, and into this afternoon even, I could just eat today, not sure why!
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think around 10 o'clock at night is the worst for me.