I need to firm up!

Options
So I just had a baby 5 months ago and I only have 8 pounds before I am back to my original weight. However, the main problem is that I am flabby! My thighs and butt need to firm up so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on exercises that would help me firm up that I can do at home? Anything will help Thanks!

Replies

• daimy
    daimy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges will do the trick. U can look through youtube so that you can see exactly how they are done correctly.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If you're up for a workout DVD, try the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's definitely started to help my arms and stomach, and it incorporates legs in with arms so you get a get overall toning workout. Or the bike or elliptical will use those muscles and firm them up.
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    I second the Elliptical trainer - Legs are now solid muscle, butt's the same and stomach went down very nicely :wink:
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    LUNGES, LEG LIFTS AND SQUATS!!!! I lost the weight quickly as well but my butt was practically wagging behind me as I walked! Now that I am back at work I am doing this exercise class that does these same types of exercises but they add in a body bar or tubing to add weight as well as tone the upper body. You should also do crunches and core work to tone the skin on your belly if it is sagging as well. I found that really helped firm it back up. Good luck!!
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    lots of squats and lunges... every time I do them, I think about the tighter my bum and legs will be if I keep going!