Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lunch Sandwich ideas

I'm sick of eating out at work. Obviously its not helping me and quite frankly, I think I'm getting sick from it.

So, I was wondering. Does anyone out there have any easy sandwich based recipes for a terrible cook to make?

Greatly appreciated.

Replies

• str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Does it have to be a sandwich. There are dozens of great healthy microwaveable meals including Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers Smart Ones which have less calories and are just as satisfying. Or try salads, , soups, stews or baked potatoes with healthier toppings.
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Not sure if these would be up your alley, but they're the kind I make most!

Sweet sandwich: Modified PB & J
    (I have eaten it for breakfast as well a few times now)

-2 slices of Ezekiel bread
    -2 Tbsp of apricot all-fruit preserves with fiber
    -2 Tbsp of Barney's Almond Butter, smooth kind

Savory: Ham and Avocado Sub

-wheat light hot dog roll
    -lower sodium sliced deli ham
    -a few slices of fresh avocado
    -reduced fat cheese
    -shredded lettuce
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Does it have to be a sandwich. There are dozens of great healthy microwaveable meals including Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers Smart Ones which have less calories and are just as satisfying. Or try salads, , soups, stews or baked potatoes with healthier toppings.

Lean Cuisines, Smart Ones, etc. are filled with preservatives and other garbage. Better off having a sandwich.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Sandwiches don't require cooking - just get some bread, meat, veggie, and whatever sauce you want, done. Add cheese if you want. I use high fiber bread, chipotle sandwich spread, alfalfa sprouts, and whatever deli meat I got that week.
  • griffga1
    griffga1 Posts: 31
    This is my typical lunch:
    Arnold Sandwich Thins - 100% Whole Wheat, 1 rolle
    Sargento Deli - Swiss Cheese, 0.5 slice
    Boar's Head - Deli Sliced Mesquite Smoked Turkey,
    Goldens mustard
    Generic - Red Bell Pepper Slices or Rings, 1 slices

Then I have as Chobany mini-yogurt or apple for dessert.
  • cgarliepp
    cgarliepp Posts: 14
    This was my very satisfying sandwich yesterday:

one Oroweat sandwich thin, toasted
    2.7 oz can tuna
    1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
    1 tablespoon Best Foods Canola mayonnaise
    1 tablespoon pickle relish

Mix it all together (there was actually some left over, which I ate with a fork! :-) It was delish, and only 300 calories.