office breakfast ideas??

Options
2»

Replies

• TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator oatmeal. Make it the night before & take it with you.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I cook two eggs in a lunch box.

Beat the eggs and layer the bottom of the box with the liquid. Sprinkle in 5g of grated cheese - low sat fat - a chopped mushroom, couple slices of ham, and nuke for a couple of minutes.

Make sure it's thoroughly cooked. Chop up with a sharp knife, leave to cool, put the lid on and take to work with you :)

You should never cook in plastic.
  • white_horse
    white_horse Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Let's see..some things I'll do for breakfast at the office..

hardboiled eggs, granola bars, crackers, pretzels, baby carrots (or other veggies) w/ hummus, greek yogurt, oatmeal packet, Jimmy Dean Delights (I rotate through a couple of different items), mozzarella string cheese, cucumbers soaked overnight in a vinegar blend, english muffin, frozen waffles (I get ones that already have fruit or something in them so they don't need syrup, just toast and eat).

It may not be "clean" and probably wouldn't work for someone watching their sodium but it works for me. I get up at 4:30AM and am not hungry then. I am usually at the office by 6:30AM and have breakfast around 7.
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal - I know it has been said before but I find it really helps me fill full and satisfied. I get the Instant Original to avoid all the extra sugars. I add hot water from the coffee system and microwave for 20 seconds, because I like it a bit overcooked. I generally eat it @9am and I don't get hungry unitl after I hit the gym at lunch.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Keep a Breakfast Stash at the Office
    If you don't have time to prepare a meal at home before work, bring something with you to eat at the office. To make it easier, bring enough for the week on Monday so you don't have to worry about grabbing it each morning. Some of my favorite office-friendly breakfast ideas include:

•granola bar
    •shelf-stable milk (such as Parmalat)
    •peanut butter on whole-wheat English muffin
    •frozen whole-grain waffle
    •high-fiber cereal
    •drinkable yogurt
    •instant oatmeal packs
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Sandwiches

Prepare a breakfast sandwich the night before or just before you head out the door. Whole-wheat English muffins or bagels are fiber-packed ways to start your sandwich. Add chopped hard-boiled egg, sliced bell peppers and sliced tomatoes. Top with a slice of low-fat cheese and melt in the microwave for a few seconds before eating. This can be done as soon as you get to work or right before you leave.

Breakfast Burritos

Filling a whole-wheat tortilla with your favorite fillings is a simple way to fit a hot breakfast into your morning, even if you are rushed to get to the office. Prepare a batch of burritos ahead of time and freeze them. Pull one out as you head out the door and heat in your office microwave. Fill your tortilla with protein-packed scrambled eggs cooked with potatoes, onions, bell peppers and tomatoes. Add a bit of lean ham for an extra boost of protein. Sprinkle with low-fat cheese and roll up tightly. Heat for 30 seconds to one minute for a hot, and healthy, morning meal.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/546365-healthy-hot-breakfasts-for-the-office/#ixzz2TIaTXCu1
  • buffermarie
    buffermarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    1/2 c rolled oats
    2-4 tblsp Chia seeds
    handful of fresh blueberries
    almond milk (just enough to wet it with a lil extra)

put in fridge over night.
    makes a pretty tasty/healthy/protein-rich, filling breakfast.
    Kinda like cold oatmeal.

:)
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Some of my standards - hardboiled eggs, half an avocado w/lemon & salt, grapefruit, yogurt, eggo waffle, bagel thing with cream cheese
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    i really need good breakfast ideas that i can eat in the office? i never usually get hungry til 9ish and start work at 8 which is too early for me to eat. at the moment im just eating granola bars but im getting bored, any ideas???

Greek yogurt
    fresh fruit or veggies
    cheese
    hard boiled eggs
    oatmeal
    nuts
    peanut butter on toast
    cottage cheese
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Coffee, creamer, stevia, with that I have 1c sliced frozen strawberries with 1/2c low fat cottage cheese. I put it in tupperware before I leave the house and by the time I'm hungry around 9 it's thawed but still cold and yummy. 200 calories. Then I have almonds about an hour later, 100 calories. I don't eat lunch until 12 or 12:30, then I haves Greek yogurt as a snack around 3 and I'm good until dinner.