Looking for healthy party snacks...

Thaedra
Thaedra Posts: 52
edited September 21 in Recipes
Hi all! My little girl just turned three and we are celebrating on Sunday with a party. I would like to put out some little nibbly things like popcorn and snack mix. Anyone have some good low-cal recipes to share???

Replies

• Graham Cracker Creme Sandwiches

Ingredients

depending on how many you want... I will list what is needed to make ONE!

1 Whole Graham Cracker, Split into 2 EQUAL parts

Cool Whip Lite( as much as you want)

Directions
    -Break graham cracker in 2 equal halves
    -spread desired amount of cool whip lite on ONE side of the cracker
    -put both side together(dont press down hard, all the cream will come out!)
    -place in freezer for 30 minutes
    -eat and enjoy!

Number of Servings: 4

* Calories: 84.2

* Total Fat: 2.7 g
    * Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
    * Sodium: 84.7 mg
    * Total Carbs: 14.5 g
    * Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
    * Protein: 1.0 g
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    One of my favs-

Diced up avacado, cuke, red onion, bell pepper(whatever you like really) mix all together w/ some light or fat free italian dressing. Serve w/ baked chips preferablly but I really love this w/ the Tostidos Hint of Lime just gotta watch how many you eat. Good stuff & super simple!
  • Popcorn is a good idea... especially if it's air-popped. And the old stand-by veggie tray with carrots, baby tomatoes, bell pepper slices, etc is always an easy option... you can load it up with all kinds of fresh veggies and olives and baby pickles. And a fruit tray is nice with strawberries, apple slices, grapes, etc. There's SOOOOO much produce in season right now that it's a great time of year to do fruits and veggies for "nibbly things" :bigsmile: Congratulations on making healthier choices for you and your daughter!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    strawberries and light cool whip (you can mix in sugar free jello packet to change the flavor of the cool whip and if you use strawberry flavor it'll make the cool whip pink)

any fruit with yogurt as a dip
    You'll be sweet on this vanilla and brown sugar-scented yogurt dip, and it's sure to help your family get their daily servings of fresh fruit. Berries, bananas, nectarines, melon, and mixed fruit go wonderfully with this delightful dip.
    Ingredients

* 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
    * 2 tablespoons (30 mL) brown sugar
    * 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
    * Fruit slices, sections, chunks or whole berries

Cooking Instructions

1. Place a paper coffee filter in a small strainer or filter holder set over a cup or bowl. Spoon the yogurt into the filter and let drain, refrigerated, for one hour (or more). This will drain out some of the liquid for a richer and more creamy dip. The longer you drain, the thicker the yogurt becomes. (You can omit this step if you're in a hurry -- the dip won't be quite so thick but will still taste delicious.)
    2. Dump drained yogurt into a small bowl. Add the brown sugar and vanilla, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
    3. Serve with desired fruit.

Cocoa-Nut Bananas
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/cocoa_nut_bananas.html

Apricot Canapes
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/apricot_canapes.html

and check out recipes from this site
    http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/appetizers-snacks/
  • casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    you can never go wrong with a fruit and veggie tray! I also agree with the popcorn too, maybe add in a little bit of seasoning. And goldfish crackers always work for a kids party, theres more than 2 of those for a serving size! :happy:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    I personally find Fruit and/or Veggie kebobs to be really fun and since they're on a stick, no messy fingers.
This discussion has been closed.