On a journey to lose 100 pounds by December 2013

Options
My name is Tasha. College student married with two children. Started my weight loss journey last month with a goal to lose 100 pounds by Dec. looking for friends and support.

Replies

• carsinclair
    carsinclair Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck Tasha! The first step is having a goal. So you are already on your way. I have two little ones too and want to be a good role model for them. Its amazing what they pick up on -- "mommy you eat Cheetoh's, so why can't I?"
  • Snatched614
    Snatched614 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey feel free to add.
  • SheShe_13
    SheShe_13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Tasha,

I am also a college student and have found it hard to balance school, work, and home, but I'm doin it! I've lost 24 lbs since I've been on MFP and all my friends are so supportive. Feel free to add me and we can share this journey!
  • Swanie76
    Swanie76 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    WELCOME and CONGRATS
    You are on a good start, remember that jungling a busy life (ie home,school,work) can make you think you do not have time. Dont get discourage remind yourself i always have time. Even if you have to get 15-30 in the morning and 15-30 at night of exercise. Remember everything you do counts. Walk up stairs instead of elevator. marching in place while watching tv. swinging on the swings when you take the kids to the park/playground. Take them on walks with you. Another thing keep low calorie snacks in your purse. they will keep you from making quick (wrong) choices when you are on the go