NSV - No More Meds!

Options
JaceyMarieS
JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
Had my 3-month check-up with the endocrinologist today. My A1c has remained at 5.2 (under 5.7 is desirable and "normal") even with a reduction in my Metformin dosage in February.

My diabetes is by no means "cured", "reversed" or whatever other term quacks use to sell books, but it is now under "tight control" and I can quit taking the Met completely.

:-)

Replies

• stephanieogle35
    Options
    Had my 3-month check-up with the endocrinologist today. My A1c has remained at 5.2 (under 5.7 is desirable and "normal") even with a reduction in my Metformin dosage in February.

My diabetes is by no means "cured", "reversed" or whatever other term quacks use to sell books, but it is now under "tight control" and I can quit taking the Met completely.

:-)

First of all, that's a GREAT a1c - I'll get my newest a1c on Thursday and am hoping it's in the 5's. Second of all, I'm proud of you for your hard work. It makes me very happy to hear you recognize that diabetes is a serious disease that is not "curable" but controllable, and you are doing a wonderful job at controlling it. I have type 1 diabetes, so I get frustrated hearing/seeing people talk about curing diabetes, but my motto is always that I have diabetes, it does not have me. :) Good for you!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Good job!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Medical NSVs are the best to read.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Don't know you but am proud of you. Medical NSVs are truly the greatest to read about, pics are wonderful to see but the health stories really tell the tale.:drinker:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Best NSV I've read in awhile! Congrats!!
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic news! I'm so happy for you. The last poster is correct...medical NSVs are the best! It truly is the top result of getting healthy.
  • Levinia2013
    Levinia2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news i am diabetic also and that is very encouraging .
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Very nice...congrats.

That was something I was certainly hoping for myself. Alas, I'm still on my hypertension meds and probably always will be...I'm off the other five meds I was on though, so there's something.

Congrats...feels good to know you're doing good things for your health doesn't it.
  • AprilSchulte10
    AprilSchulte10 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what NSV means?? And I had gestational diabetes with my two sons so im trying to lose weight so to not become diabetic.
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    Non Scale Victory a dieting and weight loss term for noticing your weight loss success off the scale
  • AprilSchulte10
    AprilSchulte10 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    thanks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!