Boosting Weight Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• youngfool
    youngfool Posts: 6
    Options
    This is a huge part of my confusion, because while I work out 4x per week at least, I work all day in an office. This is why I've chosen to go to a 1200 calorie per day diet, because there is no additional burn past my work outs.

I would disagree with this. I think most people are at least lightly active when it comes down to it. We get up, shower, get dressed, somehow get to work, work all day, come home, do the shopping , put it away, do laundry, tidy our spaces, cook, wash up, etc. Certainly sitting behind a desk isn't active, but all the little things that go into a day or week add up.

I work in an office and when I got my pedometer was surprised to see I was still taking around 5,000 steps a day - which I believe is considered "lightly active." I had considered myself sedentary for the longest time. It's true all the little things add up! That said, I think the sedentary vs. lightly active difference in TDEE was only 80-100 calories for me.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    This is a huge part of my confusion, because while I work out 4x per week at least, I work all day in an office. This is why I've chosen to go to a 1200 calorie per day diet, because there is no additional burn past my work outs.

I would disagree with this. I think most people are at least lightly active when it comes down to it. We get up, shower, get dressed, somehow get to work, work all day, come home, do the shopping , put it away, do laundry, tidy our spaces, cook, wash up, etc. Certainly sitting behind a desk isn't active, but all the little things that go into a day or week add up.

QFT. So many people seem to really think they're sedentary but unless you literally don't move all day it's probably not true. This is my pet peeve, lol.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill. Only a calorie deficit will help you lower your overall body fat (unless you go the liposuction route).
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Got the popcorn?
    9e414d9f.gif
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Got the popcorn?
    tumblr_ma9fwuqm0n1rd3tx8o1_500.gif
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    THIS!! Go to the 'eat more to weigh less' discussion forum and read away. 1200 calories is way too low for anyone, especially when you're working out regularly. I actually gained weight eating 1200 calories. All you're doing is damaging your metabolism.

And if not that, losing muscle for sure. And you don't want to lose muscle, you want to lose fat. Obviously.
  • baarthur90
    baarthur90 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just wondering what kind of diet you would recommend doing? I have been doing 50 protein, 30 fats, 20 carbs on yohimbine hcl...no luck.