Celery?

Options
2»

Replies

• BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Not to mention, celery is freaking disgusting. Simply don't eat it... then you have your zero calories.

Celery's only purpose is to serve as a vessel for peanut butter or nutella

Cream cheese is also good on it, but I also like it plain. It's a staple in most of my soups, stews, stir fries and such as well.

I stand corrected - soups and stir frys are an exception....OH and potato salad
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Well it's actually sort of true... If you was to eat celery in its raw form with no additions... It'll take more calories eating it (the digestive system) than the food itself so you do get a deficit on it - this is a proven fact I think!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Well it's actually sort of true... If you was to eat celery in its raw form with no additions... It'll take more calories eating it (the digestive system) than the food itself so you do get a deficit on it - this is a proven fact I think!

I think this has actually been proven to be a myth.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm with the others who hate it. Not even with dip. Yuck.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Celery is also nice oven roasted with a little olive oil it's low and great to dip in things especially peanut butter mmm.
    So trying that!!

I only like the inside parts, the darker pieces on the outside of the stalk (or whatever it is called) arent sweet enough for me. But I could eat the lighter colored pieces any which way. I prefer it with a veggie dip or peanut butter
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I know how to make this worthless vegetable absolutely delicious. Chop it up fine, feed it to the ducks, turn it magically into duck eggs. :)