Sweaty Kneecaps

Hi all; I'm fighting the fight, like all of us MFP'ers, and recently I noticed a new development... my kneecaps have begun to sweat with exertion, not the back of the knee but the front cap. I'm not really worried about it, it's just something new that never happened to me before ... but isn't that weird??? I don't know anyone who sweats from their kneecaps, do you??? :ohwell:

Replies

• kimholcomb
    kimholcomb Posts: 16 Member
    Me, me, me!!!!!!!! I have that happen a lot when the temperatures get warmer and I'm physically active. Nice to know that i"m not the only person that happens too. =}
  • Hogie55
    Hogie55 Posts: 8 Member
    Maybe you should use some Secret on them! :laugh:
  • chunkadoo
    chunkadoo Posts: 41 Member
    Happens to me, I have patella tendonitis on both sides so for me it's probably the inflammation that makes my knees heat up faster
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Happens to me, I have patella tendonitis on both sides so for me it's probably the inflammation that makes my knees heat up faster

I had patella tendontis but didn't notice this effect.

Off-topic but have you tried Nitro Dur patches. These were the turning point for me after months of frustration and no impact exercises
  • stina0t2
    stina0t2 Posts: 62 Member
    Happens to me all the time.
    Try not to put cream on your legs before a workout.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    After an intense cardio or strength session, I notice my knee caps are sweating, too.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    I never thought to check if my knee caps sweat, but now I'm really curious...and also paranoid.
  • bushcraftparsons
    bushcraftparsons Posts: 1 Member
    Sweaty kneecaps are definitely a thing. I get them, too. Checked with everyone else at circuit training. .. and i'm the only one in the group of about 30. Searched online, and suddenly found there are loads of us :D
  • leebirm
    leebirm Posts: 95 Member
    Lol how strange, I'll be sure to check my kneecap next time I have a run, it's not something I've noticed but it's not something I've checked either
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    It's definitely a thing. I first noticed back when I was doing Insanity. By the time I'd get down on the mat for some of the ground work, my knees would be slipping all over the place from the sweat.
  • abattles2158
    abattles2158 Posts: 3 Member
    Saaaaaame here! I was hoping no one noticed until my trainer said yesterday “wow your kneecaps are even sweating” 😂 Also glad to know I am not alone!
  • faithieg24
    faithieg24 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello all. I noticed today that I sweat from my knee caps as well. After my cardio session my knee caps felt hot and what do you know, little circles of sweat
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    DON'T try to stop sweating. It's your body's response to COOL your body down. If you impede it, it can lead to the body overheating.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png